Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bump to Open

bret

10 hours ago, Tdizle said:

The thing about class wins at major matches is the check that comes with it. Y

Yes, at those matches that are lame enough to give valuable stuff to class 'winners', you might want to sandbag so you can pretend you 'won' stuff when you get bumped to open for being dumb. Then you can tell your mom about it, lol.

When I have 'won' my class, i haven't got anything as good as what I have picked up in random draw prizes, but I have a job anyway, so the day I start worrying about class 'wins' to get free stuff is the day the sport stops being fun and I should quit.

Edited by motosapiens
llama llama

3 hours ago, motosapiens said:

Yes, at those matches that are lame enough to give valuable stuff to class 'winners', you might want to sandbag so you can pretend you 'won' stuff when you get bumped to open for being dumb. Then you can tell your mom about it, lol.

When I have 'won' my class, i haven't got anything as good as what I have picked up in random draw prizes, but I have a job anyway, so the day I start worrying about class 'wins' to get free stuff is the day the sport stops being fun and I should quit.

We shouldn't label any match as lame based on prize distribution. There are several ways a match can be lame other than that.

We shouldn't label any match as lame based on prize distribution. There are several ways a match can be lame other than that.

this is a  good point. and in fact, some really great matches still do the lame sandbagging thing with prizes. that's fine. I find my life is better when my goal is to learn to shoot better and demonstrate that at matches, not to 'win' prizes.