Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doug Koenig's Holster

GTOSHootr

It is a Safarliland 012 but with an extended belt attachment. I've also seen a picture of him with that rig at the Nationals. Doesn't look like the butt of the gun is above the belt, does it?

5.2.7 Competitors must not be permitted to commence a course of fire wearing:

5.2.7.2 A holster with the heel of the butt of the handgun below the top of the belt, except as specified in Rule 5.2.8,

SRT - It looks like a 012 that is hung lower from the belt with a wide hanger. He was using it on the tips section of ShootingUSA.

I wasn't aware of that rule. I just thought it looked comfortable, apparently it's not something I should try. :D

GTO,

I've seen it. It's a great idea for Bianchi, Steel, etc but a no no in USPSA since it hangs too low. And it just hangs there.

The rule is 5.2.7.2. I guess waist level is subjective. It does not seem to be a DQ'able offense unless the RM asks him to take corrective action and he refuses. I don't think DK would refuse. I was wondering how he changed it.

it looks like a drop hanger that safariland sell for their duty rigs.

I remember seeing pictures of a early ipsc rig, it was a tie down buscadero rig, imagine a tie down cowboy holster made for a 1911. the caption stated it was banned as being un-practial. I believed thats were the holster height rule came from.