Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daniel's Journal

DKnoch

My name is Daniel and I figured I would give this journal a try. Ive been shooting uspsa for a year, but just started getting serious about training hard back in the winter or early spring. But it hasnt been until the past two months or so, that I've really been making leaps in progress. Last night, i was hitting .7 draws to shot on target at 7 yards simulated, with scaled targets. I was very close to getting .6 second draw. I got a .8 turn and draw with hands above shoulders. I havent taken any classes and don't get to live fire much, as money is tight (wife back to school, young child, and a government job with no OT possible). But instead of dwelling on that, i have been dryfiring 5 or 6 days a week and making the best of it. Ive read all of stoegers books and listen to all the podcasts i can find for uspsa.

Anyway, back to the shooting part, this evening i had a 3.8 el prez in dryfire, with what should be all A's or close C's. Im C class right now in production, but have gotten a 66% classifier in, and havent gotten to do any stand and shoot classifiers lately. I haven't shot a match in 2 or 3 weeks and i have made significant gains in dryfire in that time. I feel with the times I've been getting recently, I should be able to pull many more B classifiers in coming matches. Im hoping my recent motivation and improvement will get me a lot further than B class to be honest.

Daniel K