Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wierd Question

Hardball

I had a realization this evening that I am fired up again to shoot my singlestack. I just transitioned from it to the STI that I have been shooting since just after Christmas, and while cleaning the singlestack tonight I found that I was in love again. Don't quite know what it was, but I found that an excitement grew in me that turned to motivation. I am motivated again. For those that shoot with me, they know or should have seen a change in me over the last few months. I have had a funk going on that I just haven't been able to shake. Kind of a lack of confidence, lack of motivated shooting, lack of practice thing. Basically depressed about it and not knowing why. I found that when I looked at the single stack again, a true desire to shoot it competitively has hit me again.  I feel the discipline that it takes to shoot it motivates me. Why I can't explain, but I know that it has done it. I am shooting a local match with it tomorrow. Even loading my old load is motivating in itself. Now to the point. I like to ask questions that have a million and one answers so here goes. Why would a limitation turn into a motivation? I use limitation to mean that I am going down in round count, up in reloads, and up in times for stages. But it motivates me to "hurry up", but make sure that I hit everything clean, and every reload smoothly. What will it take to transition that to the STI? I am thinking that one over as we speak, so any ideas will help. Just a thought.

Hardball,

I know what you are talking about. I have been shooting a Model 10 S&W revolver in IDPA matches instead of autoloaders. A few months ago I WON a local IDPA match using this revolver. It was quite a rush I can tell you. :)

Those of you old enough can remember the "Sleeper" in drag racing. This was an old junky looking car that had a big motor hiding under the hood. That's what it's like shooting a gun that shouldn't be able to compete with the big dogs but does.

Bill Nesbitt

Hardball,

That sounds like a cool vibe. Maybe it's as simple as: you feel like you're returning to the essence of shooting - hitting the target - and leaving behind the "crank rounds all over the range" mentality.

be