Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to USPSA from Savannah, GA

Hans7

Hey guys just wanted to say hello to the fire and throw my hat into the ring here.

A little background; I've been a long time shooting competitor starting in precision air gun as a kid, then shooting Cowboy Action for 5 years (a.k.a Campo Kid for any SASS guys here)and I did a bit race gun work in that realm as well, but that was about 4 years ago. Work has pulled me away from the gun sports for a bit but I love the gun industry and I can't wait to get back into it again! I'm working in Savannah and looking to start USPSA for a new challenge with more work related guns than what SASS shooting offered. 

Anyone know of a good USPSA match to attend in the Eastern GA area? 

Thanks guys, 

-Hans <1> 

Edited by Hans7

13 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Welcome aboard :)

Start by checking www.uspsa.org for listings of local matches.

Whatja shootin'?

Reloading, yet?

Thanks Jack.

Right now I'm running a G17 gen 3, Zev race springs and connector. Soon to be IGFS flat trigger, Dawson magwell, Tungsten guide rod and 15# spring and TTI sights.

Yes I am, I've got a Dillon 650 and a Hornady "ammo factory" that I load off of. I do need a good outlet for 9mm bullets however, if you have any suggestions?

I've been using Montana Gold's 124 gr JHP's for my Open gun,

but lots of talk about Black & Blue bullets (coated lead) that

sound like a great alternative for a G17 - save some pesos :)

Go to FORUMS (top left of your screen) and then scroll down

to Reloading and down again to 9mm - Lots of great info

there about bullets and powders.

On September 7, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Hi-Power Jack said:

I've been using Montana Gold's 124 gr JHP's for my Open gun,

but lots of talk about Black & Blue bullets (coated lead) that

sound like a great alternative for a G17 - save some pesos :)

Go to FORUMS (top left of your screen) and then scroll down

to Reloading and down again to 9mm - Lots of great info

there about bullets and powders.

Thanks for the info Jack! 

You can shoot within driving distance of Savannah every weekend.  Palmetto State just outside Charleston is First Saturday, GTR in Gainseville FL is First Sunday, SEPSA in Yulee FL is second Saturday, SAPSA in Saint Augustine third Saturday, and CAPS in Brunswick and Ancient City in Saint Augustine on the fourth Saturday. 

21 hours ago, superlifer03 said:

You can shoot within driving distance of Savannah every weekend.  Palmetto State just outside Charleston is First Saturday, GTR in Gainseville FL is First Sunday, SEPSA in Yulee FL is second Saturday, SAPSA in Saint Augustine third Saturday, and CAPS in Brunswick and Ancient City in Saint Augustine on the fourth Saturday. 

Fantastic! Of those matches which do you prefer? I know each one will have their own flavor and I'm just trying to get a feel for it now. Thanks! 

All are really good local matches, which usually have one classifier. It just depends on how far you want to drive.  Palmetto and GTR are usually a haul for me.  My favorites are SEPSA and SAPSA, but that is because I shoot them the most and have made some great friends there.  I hate to miss one of those matches.  I think they both let first timers shoot for free.