Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite optic for PCC

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: If you need a 1/2" riser I am using a Truglo one and it works well for a Mech Tech. I have also used it on Ruger 10/22's and a Ruger 22/45. It is a little tall for a AR flat top receiver for me. I have used a C-More 6MOA railway for the Texas Carbine championship years ago. The flashers were at 120 yards so you needed to know your hold at that distance. Thanks, Eric

• 1 month later...

I got a Sig Romeo 4M, because I wanted to try the circle/dot which is working well for a buddy on his MPX.

Was trying the Romeo behind my C-More Railway for height, and dropped it on the tile floor from about two feet. Two small dings on the tube, but the big thing was the rear lens has a big crack in it. Time to call Sig, but not overwhelmed with durability. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Phillips said:

MRO with full cowitness base. Great field of view. Best red dot I've ever used.

i am on the same boat, but debating between MRO with full cowitness and the higher 1/3 co witness version with luth-ar stock , so that i can raise the cheek piece. 

can you tell me why you choose full cowitness over 1/3?

15 minutes ago, taco2000 said:

i am on the same boat, but debating between MRO with full cowitness and the higher 1/3 co witness version with luth-ar stock , so that i can raise the cheek piece. 

can you tell me why you choose full cowitness over 1/3?

Honestly, I have never seen the lower 1/3 mount. I chose the full cowotness height for three reasons.

1 - A buddy bought one and it fit my head position well

2 - the height matches the optic on my 3 gun AR, so it made for consistency of cheek weld

3 - the goofiest reason is that it happens to be the same height as my PVS14 with a larue mount which means I can play with it in the dark. (Not all the reasons can be for hard core competition )

3 hours ago, Jeff Phillips said:

Honestly, I have never seen the lower 1/3 mount. I chose the full cowotness height for three reasons.

1 - A buddy bought one and it fit my head position well

2 - the height matches the optic on my 3 gun AR, so it made for consistency of cheek weld

3 - the goofiest reason is that it happens to be the same height as my PVS14 with a larue mount which means I can play with it in the dark. (Not all the reasons can be for hard core competition )

Thanks Jeff!

• 1 month later...

I dug deep in the back of the 1980's USPSA pile to find this old Tasco PDP5 with adjustable dot size and 45 mm lens.  Dot size adjustable from 4 moa to 16 moa.    Made in Japan it was definitely one of the better optics.   I put it on my new PCC build and have about 500 rounds through it now and I'm really liking it for close as well as distances 100 yards plus.   This optic has been on two open guns, and 3 deer rifles through the years and has seen its share of use.

PDP 5 on PCC.jpg

Edited by vinconco
additional info

Been using a Romeo3 on my MPX ... Then destroyed it. So while it's out @ SIG for replacement, I slapped a Holosun 510c on. I'm starting to really like it and potentially more durable w it's shroud. Can do circle, dot, or circledot reticle and has sleep function as well as solar

763cc563fcd5570ba5ba07cb58180d4e.jpg

2ffdfec070d338ce3eba59668baaebcc.jpg

One on our AR9

1817eca64dff3b1d0e10f3286da27e75.jpg

18 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

Been using a Romeo3 on my MPX ... Then destroyed it. So while it's out @ SIG for replacement, I slapped a Holosun 510c on. I'm starting to really like it and potentially more durable w it's shroud. Can do circle, dot, or circledot reticle and has sleep function as well as solar

One on our AR9

commonsense in the industry is 99.5% that the  Sig and the Holosun are made in the same factory....  just saying.

22 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

One on our AR9

How did you destroy the Romeo 3?  Was it by accident, or a design/workmanship issue?  I am running one now.