Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite optic for PCC

Ugh,

im having a “shouldn’t be buying this and have no real reason to but I’m probably gonna” moment right now...

ive been planning on using the Holosun 510C with Red LED. Got it for a pretty good price but Optics Planet has a good deal on the Green version with a discount code. Ive never used a Green LED optic before but when comparing red and green Fiber Optics in front sights, the green absolutely pops better for me.

id hate to be into 2 510Cs for ~500 total to just end up keeping both but I really can’t decice which I like better without trying or even playing with both.

anyone have anything good or bad to say about Green vs Red LED Optics specifically?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion, so it is subjective but I have shot the green and red side by side and don’t think the green is a bit faster. However, the green seems to have a lot more reflection of the diode emitter etc so you can almost an additional ghost image. It is even worse in low light. It is a distracting to me.. It might not be for you. It may just be this particular sample size of one but if I say it in the store I wouldn’t have bought it for that reason.

Used a Sig Romeo 5 and Sig Romeo 7. They worked great, I liked the larger 30mm lense, but the Romeo 7 was a bit bulky. Switched to the Trijicon MRO with a low mount. I really like the 25mm objective lens paired with the large front lens, gets rid of the tube effect I'm used to and has a great viewable area. The 2moa dot doesn't bother me, plenty bright in the desert sun, and the optic has survived abuse so far. I highly recommend the MRO.

On 7/8/2018 at 2:51 PM, LtdShooter said:

Yeah, there were two there about 4 hours ago but I decided this morning to try a new optic ?

Just put the 510c (Red) on the PCC.   Should have done this from the get-go when I built it 5 months back.   I highly recommend this Optic.

11 hours ago, jtrump said:

That's kind of the impression I got when testing it indoors last night and looking out the window.   I'm so use to just a dot,  I feel like the circle dot may be to busy for me, or I can just adjust to it with rounds down range ^_^.

By pressing the minus key for three seconds, you can cycle the reticle between circle/dot, circle only, and dot only, so you can use whatever reticle type you want with the 510C.

Well I put some rounds down range with the 510c in red last night.   I tried it with just a dot, and circle dot.   I think it's a good optic,  maybe I need more time with it but it feels weird going from a C-More to this.

I’m currently running a dpp on a dlock Mount that raises it to 1/3 co.  I cannot see myself changing anytime soon. It’s fast, extremely reliable and the battery life is great. I also like having the dlock Mount as it makes cleaning easy not worrying about getting solvents all over the optic 

7 hours ago, jtrump said:

maybe I need more time with it but it feels weird going from a C-More to this.

Look through it, focus on the target, and squeeze...

What’s the hangup? I’ve never minded shooting through my buddies cmores, although I’ve always been happy to have my Holosun back. :D 

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Look through it, focus on the target, and squeeze...

What’s the hangup? I’ve never minded shooting through my buddies cmores, although I’ve always been happy to have my Holosun back. :D 

Gotta get my gun flat first :),  where did you buy your spring pack from?

I got my new Holosun 510C Red today... 

Put the battery in, then selected the manual battery mode, single dot, and brightened up the reticle...  I notice a very thin horizontal line coming from the left side of the screen...  Any of you guys have it?  Will it go away as I use the sight, or do I need to return it?

1 minute ago, RaylanGivens said:

Put the battery in, then selected the manual battery mode, single dot, and brightened up the reticle...  I notice a very thin horizontal line coming from the left side of the screen...  Any of you guys have it?  Will it go away as I use the sight, or do I need to return it?

Sorry, option B unless you really like the extra line.  

16 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Might be a reflection of the glass shield over the diode. 

Ive been playing around with several different optics on my PCC.

SIG Romeo 5X

Trijicon MRO

Leupold Delta point Pro (triangle)

with cross slot mount and riser

In operation, shooting a course of fire, they all work really good. It would be hard to pick one over the other on performance.

With respect to ergonomics I much prefer the Sig Romeo 5X. The AAA battery located between the sight and mount is sleek, and you never need to turn it off. You just put the cover on (which is very sleek)  and it goes to sleep. The adjustment and brightness settings are as straight forward as it gets.  For $189.00 it was a bargain.

The MRO is typical bomb proof Trijicon, but I always seem to forget to turn it off. The battery/compartment is the typical button battery over the brightness knob and can sometimes be a challenge to unscrew. And I always thought Trijicons mount designers were a lazy bunch. The MRO mount is no exception. It functions, but I'm totally underwhelmed by it astetically. The finish doesn't even match the sight. And its pricey.

The Delta point pro is a pretty good optic, but it just looks like a cobled together afterthought with the mount, the riser and sight all bolted together separately. No matter how good it is, I have a hard time liking the fact it looks wrong on a rifle/carbine. And the battery compartment and method of brightness adjustment is my least favorite of the three. When you add the cost of mount and riser its almost as pricey as the MRO.

Edited by mpeltier
11 hours ago, yosturm said:

DeltaPoint Pro with triangle reticle.  I have another in the 2.5 moa dot, but I like using the triangle on the PCC.

What do you like about the triangle and why only for PCC? I had one on an open gun but it did something to my brain so I had to go back to the dot haha

1 hour ago, mpeltier said:

Ive been playing around with several different optics on my PCC.

SIG Romeo 5X

Trijicon MRO

Leupold Delta point Pro (triangle)

with cross slot mount and riser

In operation, shooting a course of fire, they all work really good. It would be hard to pick one over the other on performance.

With respect to ergonomics I much prefer the Sig Romeo 5X. The AAA battery located between the sight and mount is sleek, and you never need to turn it off. You just put the cover on (which is very sleek)  and it goes to sleep. The adjustment and brightness settings are as straight forward as it gets.  For $189.00 it was a bargain.

The MRO is typical bomb proof Trijicon, but I always seem to forget to turn it off. The battery/compartment is the typical button battery over the brightness knob and can sometimes be a challenge to unscrew. And I always thought Trijicons mount designers were a lazy bunch. The MRO mount is no exception. It functions, but I'm totally underwhelmed by it astetically. The finish doesn't even match the sight. And its pricey.

The Delta point pro is a pretty good optic, but it just looks like a cobled together afterthought with the mount, the riser and sight all bolted together separately. No matter how good it is, I have a hard time liking the fact it looks wrong on a rifle/carbine. And the battery compartment and method of brightness adjustment is my least favorite of the three. When you add the cost of mount and riser its almost as pricey as the MRO.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-deltapoint-pro-ar-dloc-mount.html

in regards to the deltapoint on a cross slot. This is the Mount i use. Makes it look good and I take it off during cleanings 

Hi, I just picked up a new PSA AR9 and I’m looking for an optic. From reading through this post, specifically the recent posts, I’m floating between the c-more railway and Holosun 510c. From what I can gather, the c-more loses zero sometimes? I’m leaning towards the Holosun, but wanted to gather some opinions before purchasing either. There is a ton of information out there, but not really finding a direct comparison.

I guess my ultimate question is, if I go with the Holosun, are there some major advantages that I’ll be missing by skipping the c-more? The c-more seems to be the popular choice in Open and PCC, but I don’t see a good reason to not go with the Holosun at this point. Thoughts?

The slideride/railways tend to loosen their windage locking screws under the impact forces from major PF Open guns.  Then the windage adjustment screw just does its own thing and wanders around.  It doesn't happen all the time but odds are greater at major matches and increase exponentially by how far you have traveled to the match.  LOL.  They are much less likely to do this on minor PF guns but I would still put a small star washer under the locking screw.  This has held zero on my Open gun since I put it on.  I have not heard of this issue on PCCs.