Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dealers Forum: Post/thread Moderating Instructions

benos

Dealers will be Moderators ("Forum Dealer" Member Group) for their Dealer Forum. (Or you can choose another forum member associated with your company to moderate for you.)

As a Moderator: You can Move, Edit, or Delete individual Posts, and you can Move, Delete, "Pin" (and "unPin") Threads and Thread's Titles - within your Dealer Forum.

Moderating Tips:

To delete a post(s): There is a small, blue "Checkbox" at the top, right corner of every post. It's a little square with a "check-mark" in it. Click it, and it will change color to red. Then scroll to the bottom of the Thread where you'll find a Drop-down menu that will allow you to Merge, Split, Move, Delete... the post(s) you selected.

The "Checkbox" also appears next to threads and works in the same way.

Note the drop-down menu that appears at the bottom, left side of each thread, which has various moderating options.

Say you start a new thread with a monthly special. When the monthly special is over, you can delete the entire thread with two clicks (selecting the Thread's Checkbox and "Delete Thread" in the Drop-down menu).

Note:

After your Dealer Forum is initially set up, you may have to log out, then log back in for the moderating functions to appear.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, problems, questions, or need help with the moderator functions.

If you have any questions about the moderation functions, call me when you're logged in and I'll talk you through it.

1 877 219-5598

Thanks to all the Dealers for your support, and for your suggestions along the way!

Brian

Edited by benos

I'd suggest pinning your main thread (that contains your ad) as your first Moderator action!

;)

And let me know if you have special "sort order" requirements for your forum. I set them all, initially, so that new threads, or threads with new posts in them, will sort those threads to the top. (Like the rest of the forum.) Which is why you'll want to pin your main thread.

Thank you,

be

Could someone post or PM instructions on how to pin the ad banner posts?  Thank you.

Chris,

If I'm understanding you:

Notice the drop-down menu that appears at the bottom, left of each thread, which offers various moderating options.

So you'd click on the thread (with your banner) to open it, then scroll to the bottom of the thread and you should see a drop-down menu (on the left side of the page) that will allow you to Pin the thread. I could pin if for you but I'd rather wait to make sure the option is appearing for you.

be

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...