Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carbon Arms Belt feedback?

somebrains

I'm starting from zero.

Have tried friends DAA, Safariland, and CR Speed setups over the past couple months.

Nothing really gets tight enough for me.

Has anyone tried the Carbon Arms Ratcheting Belt System?

Should I go with a Safariland ELS belt and add the CA ratchet?

I have the ratchet kit that I installed on an old Safriland belt and I really like it for 3 gun. Especially when I have a pistol, a couple pistol mags, a couple rifle mags and shotgun ammo. It holds all that weight very securely. 

Thanks for the replies.

I ended up ordering just the ratchet yesterday.

Have a DAA belt a buddy won't be using anymore, and I'm doing a shotgun only event in a few weeks.

His Safariland belt was OK, but loading up his caddies full was a smidge too loose or a bit too tight.

There's not that much variation in the stages I'd have to reconfigure for.

As long as I can snug up 30 shells, and push them around on tekloks I'm golden.

I mapped out the stages to load, didn't go crazy on spare shells, have a plan I'll stick to.

Edited by somebrains

On 8/27/2016 at 7:44 AM, The Donald said:

I have a ratchet kit in my Safariland belt, get rid on the studs, holds the belt tight.

Mine should be here any day now.  I'm new to 3gun, but I've worn bags tying steel and poured concrete.  I've demoed 8-story buildings.  Played a lot of tournament paintball. I couldn't see wearing my DAA setup loaded with this much sag for very long.

I have the entire CARBS set-up in ELS along with the Springer Precision holster hanger for ELS. It is an awesome. I decided against just doing the ratchet alone on the

Safariland belt as I did not want to remove the studs and velcro then have to cut it. I have the size large and there is 5 inch gap end to so requested the 14 inch strap

upgrade. The best thing about other than being able to tighten and loosen your belt between stages is not needing to ask a buddy to help get those stupid studs lined up for

you getting geared up.

Drilled 2 holes, cut off the overlap BC it hurt like hell, now I can slap on my other 2 caddies.

If I was going to do all of this over again I'd probably adapt a chest rig to a cheapie belt and throw the ratchet on.  I'm doing a shotgun only event, and it's my 1st.  40-50 shells is a lot to manage if it's moving a lot.

http://imgur.com/JnrQIEn
http://imgur.com/bmJX9EL

I'll update in a couple weeks after the event.

Edited by somebrains

• 1 month later...

I'm really happy with it.

Hauling around a bunch of junk on your belt is easier when it's tight to your body.

Underbelt may bunch up a bit, but I flipped my belt over so the ratchet is forward instead of the feed end.

Loosening up the ratchet so your belt sags a little is nice when you need a break from getting squished.

20 hours ago, MHitchcock said:

Anyone have pics of their els belt with the ratchet installed? This has me curious. 

Here you go. I chopped the belt behind the 2 studs. When i have the belt on and strapped down tight I have about an inch of clearance (about whats seen in the photo)

30F2C155-55DB-4332-B01F-A8D10882DC9F_zps