Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 10-13, 2017

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha!  Good memory.  Loc-tite has fixed that problem.

Sierra Squad always has one (at least) at the end of the last stage of the day.  May not be Coors, but it will be cold.

:cheers:

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:51 AM, RiggerJJ said:

Coors...yech...

I never said it would be Coors, I said it may not be Coors.  big diff.  Might be a dark beer alright, but I ain't mentioning any brand names.  the previous page mention was meant to be a generic calling for beer.  you guys being from Colorado, ya know.

Edited by 1chota

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A-loading we will go, A-loading we will go.... hi ho the merrio, A-loading we will go.  

Been loading every evening.  Bought a bunch of shotshells.  Almost ready.  

See you all soon, not long now!

Sent this out by email today!

Hope I got everyone!

JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun is just 2 weeks away.

Wanted to send you some reminders.

•Registration is Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at the Coors cabin from noon to 1700.

Late registration will be Thursday, August 10 at 0615-0645.

•Shooter’s briefing at 0645 at the Coors Event Center on August 10. Every one should be there and no one will be able to walk stages that morning until the briefing is over.

•You may walk through all the stages but stage 6 on Tuesday and Wednesday August 8-9. Just please allow the staff shoot to continue without delay.

•Gunslinger II will be serving breakfast and lunch August 10-13 in the trailer parked at the Coors Center.

There will also be dinner served at Gunslingers II (at shotgun) Thursday and Saturday evenings.

•Thursday night, King of the Mountain is helping to have a swap meet…so bring things to buy/sell/trade…you know, those great prize table items that just aren’t for you! King will be providing some beverages that evening.

•Friday night, will be our Shooter’s BBQ/Junior Benefit to benefit the Junior Adventure Camp at Whittington. [Doorprize tickets are $10] Also, we will be having some setters (hopefully) on the large reset stages who will be working for tips. We will also be collecting for DAV, if anyone wants to donate. So bring some extra money! J

•Target Count for JP RM3G 2017

Stage 1 – 3-Gun - Limited Round Stage – 2-10 round pistol magazines, 1- 20 round rifle magazine, 11 rounds of shotgun (We got such rave reviews from our Trailer Stage at He-Man that we’re bringing it back with a few changes. This may be the last time we get to use this area.)

Stage 2 – 3-Gun – 10 rifle steel, 2 slugs, 10 birdshot, 2 pistol paper and 10 pistol steel.

Stage 3 – Shotgun Birdshot – 42 rounds including swinging, flying, and launched birds.

Stage 4 – Shotgun/Rifle – 3 slugs, 10 birdshot, 12 rifle paper, 10 rifle steel. Rifle sling required.

Stage 5 – Pistol/Rifle - 10 pistol steel, the Texas Star for pistol, 9 pistol paper, and 24 rifle steel. Rifle sling required.

Stage 6 – Pistol – 21 steel, 21 paper, 2 clays

Stage 7 – Rifle – 22 steel, 3 clays, 16 paper

Stage 8 – 3-Gun – 8 pistol steel, 6 pistol paper, 10 birdshot steel, 2 launched birds, 12 rifle steel

Stage 9 – Shotgun/Pistol – Option stage – 12 clays for birdshot only, 6 paper for pistol only, 24 steel that can be pistol or birdshot.

•If you didn’t send in your waiver yet, please do so…there’s a smarties in it for you!

•Bug spray! Bring it! We’ve had a very wet spring…bugs everywhere.

•Bring sunscreen as well…lots of that…but rain gear…lots of rain, too! It usually gets cool in the night, so bring a pretty complete array of clothes.

•Bring liquids! There should water near all the stages, but to be safe, bring water and snacks. It can be very dehydrating! Staying hydrated does help with altitude sickness.

•This year, you can park pretty close to all the stages. There is one 75 yard walk, but no big hikes in!

•As usual, with the distances at Whittington, you will shoot 3 stages a day, every other time slot, Thursday – Saturday. Sunday will be for the LaRue Junior Shoot-Off 0800, the Brownells Ladies Shoot-Off 0900, and the team shoot-off at 1000. The plan is to start thank-yous, awards and prizes at 1100.

2 hours ago, 1chota said:

let's see: 8 X 4 = 32; plus 9 in the gun; = 41.  OOPS! might be one shy, there Hung.

^_^  No Sir, I'm using 6 shells carriers so 8x6 = 48 plus 9 = 57 rds...that oughta be more than enough :lol:.

15 hours ago, Dan Sierpina said:

I would gladly loan you my chest rig, sadly I'm missing this year. :(

Thank you Dan for the offer.  I don't load that way but might need to change out of necessity, my weak hand tends to get cramps when I get dehydrated.

I may have to run you down and borrow some.  I have two 6s but the rest are 4s.

of course I could always do the pancho villa bandolero thingy.

one week to go!  yahoo.  I am getting excited. 

7 hours ago, M ammo said:

Looking at the Weather,, looks like we will need an Umbrella sponsor...

an' skeeter repellent--but then who's afraid of west nile or zika?