Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide milling for mini red dot

jeremy kemlo

8 minutes ago, Vinnieshoots said:

Ok, I agree it's a pin.  I've had the gun completely apart except for the ejector, and with my eye sight it looked like a setscrew until I used a magnifying glass.  I still think I could get a Burris Fastfire 3 optic in front of the rear sight.  No?   I'd hate to mill out the rear sight and not be able co-witness my iron sights.  

Primary Bruce said send it in. Another cat says that's a good idea. Contact him or do a basic internet search of Primary Bruce and you'll probably see he knows what hes talking about.

Or don't.

Thanks for your help all, I'll get a burris fastfire 3 and see how it fits.  I have a local machine shop that can do the work in a day, so sorry Primary Bruce.  I just wanted to see or know if anyone put one on without having to mill out the rear sight for a M&P Pro Series 5 inch barrel (not a C.O.R.E.).  The answer is harder than I thought.  No worries, it will get figured out. 

Shoot straight

Shoot often

Shoot safe

Thanks!

My SRO is in front of my rear sight, get a look at some pictures of the Core slide and you can see how S&W approached it.

this is mine. Looking at their mill job, for an RMR or SRO they could move the location back even further from the ejection port

but I guess they need that room for any Longer based Optics. I've had 2 shield Mini sights on here that co witnessed easily, a Vortex Venom which did not

and now this SRO which does not co witness either , but I don't care as this is a competition gun not a carry. Even with the co witness I never look for the front sight

anymore. On mY CZ it's blacked out

IMG_2796.JPG

Edited by kmanick

Very curious to see how your guy manages to mill the optic in front the rear dovetail. It's literally a physical impossibility to fit a FF III in front of the rear dovetail without over hanging the breach face. 

As I previously said - it's only possible on C.O.R.E. models to have optic in front of rear sight because S&W moved the dovetail location all the way to the rear of the slide.

Edited by PrimaryBruce

1 hour ago, PrimaryBruce said:

Very curious to see how your guy manages to mill the optic in front the rear dovetail. It's literally a physical impossibility to fit a FF III in front of the rear dovetail without over hanging the breach face. 

As I previously said - it's only possible on C.O.R.E. models to have optic in front of rear sight because S&W moved the dovetail location all the way to the rear of the slide.

So says you, but what do you know...?🤔