Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Options for MPX

Rangerdug

I just purchased a MPX for PCC. The only issue I have with is it's horrible trigger. I have heard trough some of the replacement triggers are not compatible (i.e. Timney), some work great?

What is everyone else finding success with, what else do you avoid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a Geissele trigger. I forget exactly which forum I saw it in, but Bill Geissele said his triggers work in the MPX. I've had one installed in MPX and have shot at least 1500 rounds without any problems. 

I found the Geissele quote:

Bill Geissele  a year ago

HK guns also have the bridge. High impulse guns will toss the hammer back violently so that the hammer will hit the disconnector. By repeatedly striking the disconnector it will actually fracture over time. As a trigger similar to the Sig the ALG trigger may have this problem. However, the Geissele triggers are designed so that the bridge is not needed and the hi velocity of the bolt carrier will not effect it. And even if there was a problem Geissele's golden warrenty is always there to help you out.

This was from a website called SteveJenkins.com. Scroll down to the comments at the bottom of the article. Article talks about the MPX trigger. 

http://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2015/06/will-upgrading-the-sig-sauer-mpx-to-an-ar-15-trigger-void-your-warranty/

I have about 1k rounds on a standard single stage Timney that I had lying around. Based on that video I plan on swapping that out for a Timney two stage in the next month or two since the two stage triggers have a different Disconnector design. 

We could do this all night, However, nobody really wants that. In my case, how do I make my MPX more competitive in USPSA.
This is just the reality of PCCs and fact that they are in a class to themselves, not really rifles nor are they true pistols. They in theory fit in both categories.
Now if you have something to contribute, great!
But if you're just trolling please just move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

I have been using the standard Timney single-stage, it's probably 10 years old, and it works! I will say though, I am getting some trigger vibration. Probably 2,500 rounds on it so far.

I am running a gen 2 pistol (not for PCC, obviously).