Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz orange, shadow 2014, or target 2?

Craig1981

Quick run down

Orange is a high end factory gun. fitted frame and slide, barrel. comp hammer, other stuff. no trigger job, no short reset, no extended firing pin

Sp01 Shadow 91154 , standard factory gun

Custom 2014 , trigger job, short reset, ext firing pin, lighter springs, new sights, thin grips, SS guide rod.

Shadow Target same work, add adjustable rear sight milled into slide

Shadow Target 2, same work, adj rear sight using factory dovetail, same work as custom 2014

ACCU, same work, add ACCU bushing on factory barrel, height adj. only rear sight.

CZC ACCU same work, add match barrel fitted to gun, competition fixed rear sight.

hope that helps a little

Thanks for the response. Went with the orange. Cz custom was very helpful. Told me the orange is hand fit and that they cant duplicate that work in their shop. Trigger has a short reset but not the "short reset trigger". All you need for that is the pre b disconnector. The way i understood it was that the reset is still the same. The trigger just returns all the way forward after reset without pre b disconnector. 

Thanks for the response. Went with the orange. Cz custom was very helpful. Told me the orange is hand fit and that they cant duplicate that work in their shop. Trigger has a short reset but not the "short reset trigger". All you need for that is the pre b disconnector. The way i understood it was that the reset is still the same. The trigger just returns all the way forward after reset without pre b disconnector. 

I want an orange as well hopefully they still have them by the time I save up the money. Can you post pictures of yours when you get it? are you having Stuart install the short reset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ItsCZas123 said:

I want an orange as well hopefully they still have them by the time I save up the money. Can you post pictures of yours when you get it? are you having Stuart install the short reset?

Didnt have the short reset installed. Shot it today. In my opinion it doesnt need it. The one thing it needed was a lighter da trigger pull. I changed the springs before and it seems much better now. 

2016082795220244.jpg

Didnt have the short reset installed. Shot it today. In my opinion it doesnt need it. The one thing it needed was a lighter da trigger pull. I changed the springs before and it seems much better now. 

2016082795220244.jpg

Did you use the lighter springs that came with it? Thanks for picture. I think I will pick one up next week if I can sell a few guns I have on consignment.

It really depends on what type of competition you want to shoot as well as what division.  Also do you want to carry a heavy gun for protection or prefer lighter?

for me I would pick either a Stock Shadow(heavy) or P09(lighter).  Shoot them and upgrade if needed.......

2016082795220244.jpg

Picked up my Shadow Orange today from CZ Custom Rob said they can't duplicate the slide to frame fit as you indicated. What a sweet looking gun now all I have to do is go shoot it. I may eventually get short reset but going to use as is for now until I save up more $

21 minutes ago, ItsCZas123 said:

Picked up my Shadow Orange today from CZ Custom Rob said they can't duplicate the slide to frame fit as you indicated. What a sweet looking gun now all I have to do is go shoot it. I may eventually get short reset but going to use as is for now until I save up more $

Congrats! Yeah they are nice looking. You may decide you dont need short reset once you shoot it. I personally dont think it needs it. Let me know how you like it

Congrats! Yeah they are nice looking. You may decide you dont need short reset once you shoot it. I personally dont think it needs it. Let me know how you like it

Will do I will take some pictures and post later. Rob said they only brought in 100 total and you and I each got 1 so 98 or less left [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, ItsCZas123 said:

Will do I will take some pictures and post later. Rob said they only brought in 100 total and you and I each got 1 so 98 or less left emoji12.png

Yeah they did get 100. I asked him about how many were in the country. Took 1.5 years to get them. Before that order he said there was 10 delivered to them in march of 2015 amd 1 delivered in oct of 2014. So that makes a grand total of 111 in the country. :)

Finally got out a shot it today it is way more accurate than me photo below was at 25 yards slow fire and I had to wear my reading glasses to see front sight so I think I did very good52885bc0c5592dfc9f39c0ecb1ce58c4.jpg

Photo below was at 7 yards

a9dc4200d55700509834d401c4984236.jpg

I think shooting it for the first time I did pretty darn good now to continue practicing to improve my skills.

I looked at (handled ) all 3 pistols mentioned by the OP at CZ Custom last week.  I also brought my well used 75 shadow to compare to.  I chose to order an SP01 shadow custom 2014.  The orange is nice.  It is very tight.  For me, shooting USPSA, whatever accuracy gain given by the orange or accu-shadow would not really be noticed while running and gunning.  A standard SP01 can print very respectable groups at 25 yards with a good load.  For my money, the trigger on the Shadow custom 2014 is way better than the orange. To get the same trigger on the orange would add another 250-300 to the price.  Respringing the orange with an extended FP still won't come close to the trigger job CZC puts on the shadow custom.  YMMV.

I looked at (handled ) all 3 pistols mentioned by the OP at CZ Custom last week.  I also brought my well used 75 shadow to compare to.  I chose to order an SP01 shadow custom 2014.  The orange is nice.  It is very tight.  For me, shooting USPSA, whatever accuracy gain given by the orange or accu-shadow would not really be noticed while running and gunning.  A standard SP01 can print very respectable groups at 25 yards with a good load.  For my money, the trigger on the Shadow custom 2014 is way better than the orange. To get the same trigger on the orange would add another 250-300 to the price.  Respringing the orange with an extended FP still won't come close to the trigger job CZC puts on the shadow custom.  YMMV.

You are probably right it will be more accurate than I will ever be. They didn't have any of the 2014 in stock otherwise I would have considered it I wanted a gun that day.

I may eventually get the short reset, polishing and extended firing pin but you are correct it does comes at an additional price.

I am still happy with it and can upgrade as required.

When are you getting your new pistol?

You are probably right it will be more accurate than I will ever be. They didn't have any of the 2014 in stock otherwise I would have considered it I wanted a gun that day.

I may eventually get the short reset, polishing and extended firing pin but you are correct it does comes at an additional price.

10 minutes ago, ItsCZas123 said:

Stewart took my order and said it would be a couple weeks.  I am waiting impatiently, but I've been shooting my current 75 Shadow for a couple years now and it serves me well.

I wasn't trying to poo poo the orange.  I was seriously considering it.  But, when I weighed it all out, for the money I did not see me benefitting from the orange.