Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reclassification question

tanks

"After a member has earned a classification, the classification system will look at the best six unduplicated scores of the most recent eight to evaluate the member’s current classification percentage. "

I get that, but the next sentence says: "Beginning in June 2006, a reclassification would occur if there were only five scores on record. In this event, all five scores would be averaged.". Hence, my confusion.

The way I read that is that prior to June 2006 it would wait until you had more than 5 (possibly either 6 or 8) before it would recalculate.  If we know that it will recalculate with 5 it is a fairly safe assumption that it will take the best 6 of your 7 to calculate a new classification.

It will use the first 4, if you have 4.  If you have 5 it will look at the best 4 of that 5, or 4 of that 6 if you have 6 for the initial classification.  If that is the case then those 4 will stay on until they are dropped due to better scores on those classifiers, or until you have 6 of the most recent 8 that are better than those 4.  

In other words the first 4 once counted will stay with you until you have 6 that are better than them.