Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opinions: Use In Benelli-wolf 25% Reduced Spring

gl

I would like to ask your opinion of how effective, or ineffective, the use (in a Benelli M1 Super 90 12 gauge shotgun) of the 25% reduced power spring made by Wolff in Brownells is. I would specifically like to know if there is any effect on perceived recoil, muzzle climb, feeding (both problems with feeding and solutions to a feeding problem) and cyclic rate. If you have any other information please feel free to provide it.

I would like to know how it works with a normal bolt body and a lightened bolt body.

Any and all help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Guy

Hi Guy;

A friend of mine got a Benelli about a month ago and it would not hardly run. When it did he said it kicked like hell. He put one of the Wolff springs in and it has run fine since. He also said he noticed a big difference in recoil. Seems that from what he found out from other shooters we know that is the way to go.

I think you are going to have a blast at the TS3-gun this year. Conney Island all the way....

Dale

OK after reading this thread my question fits well here.....My M1 will not cycle fiocchi game loads 1 1/8 oz. :( it wont cycle any of the low brass cheap game or dove loads.

SO will a reduced wolff spring fix this? or is bolt lightening the answer?

Thanks Frederick

You can mail me the bolt & I will cut it & return it in about 3 days.

Benny,

What exactly can a lightened bolt do? does it reduce felt recoil? will it improve feeding ammo and cycling of the gun?

Mine is an out of the box 12 ga. M1 super 90 with an 18.5 open cylinder barrel whose mag tube (7+1) hasn't been removed yet. I have used this for a long time and have never changed/modified anything yet.

lino

Dr. I will need to put a standard recoil spring in & lighten the bolt. I don't recomend useing anything lighter than 3 dr./ 1 1/8 oz. loads. It will run w/ this & reduced recoil slugs. Anything less won't take down steel with edge hits reliably.