Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy DAA Racer Magpouch Glock inserts?

Sniperboy

I've been interested in getting a set of Double Alpha Academy (cheaper) Racers for use with Glock magazines.  However from what I've read you need to modify one of the rear spacers to make it work.  I am pretty handy but would prefer to not mess with things if I can help it since I have messed up stuff in the past.  (Read: Race master insert.. UGH! that was an expensive mistake that I am still irked about it.)  Sure, the inserts are pretty cheap for the mag pouches but I get really annoyed when I mess up, paying extra shipping for replacement parts, or buying extra parts only not to use them.  (rant off).

Long story short, is there a place to get the DAA racers in the USA that include Glock inserts?  Dawson precision's website says they will provide a modified extra insert for Glock if requested, and they are the best deal in the USA with free shipping, but when I called them about it their answer was "Oh you can just do it yourself.. just file it down."  That was not what was written on their website, and not the answer I was looking for, but Dawson has taken care of me in the past, and I do like the company very much so I didn't make a stink about it.

Getting them direct from DAA I am convinced comes with the 3rd Glock insert, but with shipping being high I am waiting for a coupon or sale of some sort.

Thanks for your time reading my bedtime story : )

Edited by Sniperboy

You will get them for free if you as for them when you order.  I bought my Racer pouches from Shooters Connection and had them included.  I believe the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop offers the same, as long as you tell them when you order.  Once you do the first one and see how it works, replacing the other inserts should take about 30 seconds each.

• 3 years later...

Old hijack and dig up but I faced this today...not a Glock guy but friends are so I picked up a G34 (and couldnt leave it alone so modded it up) and ordered a RHT holster, DAA belt and Racers to use when shooting/teaching.  And found out none of the spacers work properly with Glock mags.....Search was my friend and found this...emailed DAA just now.

1 hour ago, RGC said:

Old hijack and dig up but I faced this today...not a Glock guy but friends are so I picked up a G34 (and couldnt leave it alone so modded it up) and ordered a RHT holster, DAA belt and Racers to use when shooting/teaching.  And found out none of the spacers work properly with Glock mags.....Search was my friend and found this...emailed DAA just now.

You can also take a belt sander to one of the thicker inserts to accomodate your mags.

That’s how my DAA Racers got set up for Walther mags.

+1 on contacting DAA to send them to you. They are typically pretty good about that. The little plastic "cog" wheel on my first pouch was getting worn and the pouch had play in it no matter how tight the allen screw was. They sent me a new one and a couple extra for future replacements.