Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unread Post and Page Numbers ?

mjohn

In the old format, if I had not signed in or read any post for X amount of time ( X is a variable and put in any amount of time you want), I use to go to the unread messages and then rick click on the page numbers and then fill in a page number ( such as 10 or 15 or any number) it it would take me to that page.  I knew from past experience that there would be about 5-8 pages generated per day of new threads.  So if I did not sign in for two days I would type in 16 and it would go back in history of unread post 16 days.

Then by looking at the dots at the begining of the thread I could tell if I had read the thread or not  and then would go forward or backward in pages to find out where the last post I had read was located.  I certainly did not want to read every post, but I wanted to see where to start viewing all the post since my last login.

Now, I do not see how that is possible as the browse and unread posts will not take me to a specific page number back in time.

So..........where are the page numbers, where are the post numbers and how do you go back in time via a certain amount of posts or via page numbers.

Help would be appreciated.

Just noticed two things, once you open the thread your page numbers are listed at the top and bottom so you can skip to whatever page you want. Also, if it is a multiple page thread you've looked at before that has new posts, a blue circle is put before the title of the thread in the stream list, if you hover over it it says go to first unread post. Click it and it does so, not sure if that is solving your problem or not...

1 hour ago, EngineerEli said:

Just noticed two things, once you open the thread your page numbers are listed at the top and bottom so you can skip to whatever page you want. Also, if it is a multiple page thread you've looked at before that has new posts, a blue circle is put before the title of the thread in the stream list, if you hover over it it says go to first unread post. Click it and it does so, not sure if that is solving your problem or not...

I understand that and thank you for your reply.  However, that is not what I was trying to describe.

What I am referencing in the previous version is that when you sign in after several days of not using the forum and you went to the tab unread content (which listed all forum post for all the forums) and then it display a number.  If you right clicked on the number, then you could type in any number you wanted it it would go back to the page number and would show all posts to all forums.  Then based on the dated that was displayed next to all the post to all of the forums and not just post in one specific forum and based on if the blue dot was bold or grayed out you would know where you were in time and if you need to go forward or backward in time to get to the place in time where you could find the last post that you have read.

I can not figure out how to do that now.  I hope my explanation is clear and would appreciate any help or new ideas on how to achieve what yused to be available on the forum.

Thanks to all that will help.

Edited by mjohn
spelling