Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Hawaii State Championships

• 3 weeks later...

Me 3. Google says that time of the year is pretty good. It will be freezing here in good ol Alabama so someplace warm with guns would be nice. Plus, being a communist state I'm sure the production heat would be off the chain. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mike4045 said:

What would be a good place to stay to be near the range?

Nearest places would be some of the hotels or vacation rentals in north Kihei.  That said, there is really no place with accommodations that is more than 30-40 minutes from the range unless there's an accident somewhere on the highway to and from.  Except for Hana.  Don't stay there if you don't want a 2-3 hour drive each way.  Courtyard by Marriott Kahului Airport is right outside the airport proper, and the Maui Beach/Maui Palms complex is close by if you want to stay in the central area of Kahului/Wailuku.  Anything in Lahaina/Ka'anapali/Kapalua will be pretty pricey as will anything in Wailea and Makena.  Hope this helps.

Gino

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:30 PM, ShortBus said:

Me 3. Google says that time of the year is pretty good. It will be freezing here in good ol Alabama so someplace warm with guns would be nice. Plus, being a communist state I'm sure the production heat would be off the chain. 

I found this humorous as I think the same way, living in Alaska it may be a little colder though.  I go to Hawaii each year for some mid winter sun but already have 2017's trip planned in Honolulu.  Is the match about the same time each year as I would defiantly be interested in 2018.

18 hours ago, AKJD said:

I found this humorous as I think the same way, living in Alaska it may be a little colder though.  I go to Hawaii each year for some mid winter sun but already have 2017's trip planned in Honolulu.  Is the match about the same time each year as I would defiantly be interested in 2018.

Yes it's usually in march, 2018 will be on Oahu

edited  wrong year

Edited by rishii

• 2 months later...

If you're considering entering our match there are still quite a few slots open...and still time to get fairly cheap airfare.  We'd like to have your entries by February 3rd if you want a match shirt in your size.  I know a lot of major matches are happening around that time frame, thought we'd avoided that.  Oh well.  For those that are coming, we'll see you in March.  Aloha.