Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading som .38 Short Colt this afternoon. About 150 into it and the Casefeed Cam( #1 on the parts schematic) would no longer push the case into the shell plate. A gentle push would move it forward to set the case. Feels like it's binding. I can't see any debris or fouling. Any ideas before I take it apart?

I'm still such a noob on the 650, so be gentle!

Tom

.that's what I get for just skimming over the op...

Edited by RiggerJJ

There are two Different adjustments for the case feed cam. One is to adjust the cam pin ( PN: 13371) up or down to adjust the case feed travel and the other is to loosen the case feed cam screw (PN 14037) and slide the cam foreword or back a little bit to adjust the travel.  Watch out though when tightening the screw back up, it's very easy to strip!  It sounds like your case feed cam screw may be loose.  

I believe JJ is talking about the case feeder plate. 

Edited by Henny
Terminology

Is it binding on the ejector spring?  Make sure the spring is all the way seated.  Mine was doing that and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Stared at it for a while and finally saw it.

Erick85 gets the win! It was the ejector wire, barely touching, but enough to stop the cam on forward motion to place a case. Needs a little "engineerin" on my part. Thanks for the insight.