Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Issue with iPad. And quoting issue

Southpaw

On my iPad (Gen 1) thread titles are not showing up correctly.  The main page looks fine, but when I go into any forum all the thread titles are strung vertically with one letter on each line like if you hit enter after typing each letter.  When I go into a thread it looks fine so looks like just an issue with thread titles.

Also it looks like the ability to have embedded quotes within another quote has been disabled?  If I try to quote a post that already has a quote in it only one level of quote gets copied over instead of the entire post I'm trying to quote.  That will make it harder to follow threads since you won't understand the context of a quote without having the previous quote included.

Oh and just noticed one other thing when typing this reply - hitting enter now does a double space which I don't like.  Looks like the way around that is holding shift + enter though.

Yeah my iPad is really old :blush:

I think I just figured out how to get around the quoting thing - I see if you highlight text a pop-up then comes up you can click to "quote this", that seems to work.  But I just tried playing with the quoting on my phone it's not working well.  Now I have all these quotes inside my reply box that I can't delete...

1 hour ago, Southpaw said:

Still not working on my iPad

Hey Southpaw, since you are having issue with safari browser I recommend you download Chrome or Firefox to see if that works for you. Let me know how it works out. Good luck

11 hours ago, hyasuma said:

Hey Southpaw, since you are having issue with safari browser I recommend you download Chrome or Firefox to see if that works for you. Let me know how it works out. Good luck

My iPad is pretty old and says the OS is too old to download Chrome or Firefox.  I'm not sure if I could update to a newer version of the OS or if it won't work on my iPad, or make it run super slow.

On 8/20/2016 at 1:16 AM, Southpaw said:

My iPad is pretty old and says the OS is too old to download Chrome or Firefox.  I'm not sure if I could update to a newer version of the OS or if it won't work on my iPad, or make it run super slow.

Normally, if the IPAD is too old, for example IPAD 1, Apple probably already stopped IOS updates for older models. You could differently "Jailbreak" it and that can probably help you run 3rd party apps which might help with the situation. Other than that, I recommend upgrade a new IPAD at this point. One reason I don't like to use Apple products, they are very inconvenient. That is just me, I just prefer Android system. Good luck