Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need an opinion

Jgodwin

Hey guys I'm looking for some opinions about if I should complain to a manufacturer at this point. I ordered a LR308 barrel from a company who, for the moment, is going to remain nameless. I ordered over the phone with a sales rep and was told "should be out in three weeks". 4 weeks passed and no barrel so I emailed. I was told there had been a problem with a "mismarked" piece and they had start over. Was told 3 weeks and it should be out at that point. Here I sit 5 weeks later, for a total of 9 weeks since order and no barrel and radio silence from them. My question is, am I being impatient or is this bad customer service that I should complain about and others should know about.

Thanks for any input.

My opinions...

1. Problems happen, but lack of communication is unacceptable. If they can't meet a deadline they better be calling and telling you why.

2. Did you pay up front? If not then call and cancel your order and get your barrel elsewhere. I rarely pay up front unless I completely trust the dealer...and those are few and far between.

3. The gun industry is booming right now (pun intended). If this barrel is something you absolutely can't live without then you have no choice but to wait whatever length of time it takes. If this is a reputable company then just wait it out knowing that the product you get will be worth the wait. That doesn't make the lack of customer service excuse able, but sometimes there is nothing you can do.

If this is a questionable company that you don't trust then I would try to get my money back and go elsewhere. Sometimes a credit card company will work to get your money back, but I would use that as a last resort.

Unfortunately I did pay upfront. They certainly deducted their money fast. But I thought that was pretty safe with this company. I think I'm going to call today and talk to somebody and hopefully get an accurate reasonable time table. If not I probably will be asking for my money back, although I'm not sure how that will go.

Usually when a company gets money up front they have cash flow issues. A lot of times they are using new down payments to fill past orders and end up falling farther and farther behind. If that is the case then they probably won't have your money to return to you.

I called today, and apparently when I talked to the sales person on the phone and he told me three weeks the first time he was completely full of it. Their standard lead time for a production barrel is 6-10 weeks so I'm within that but they did apologize and said she would have it out to me today. I'm less upset because that makes more sense but still feel like they are responsible for what their reps say on the phone. Live and learn, it has probably cost them any future business from me regardless of the quality of the product. Thanks for your insight.