Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Logo, old "Brian's Forums" or new "Enos Forums

benos

The new logo is gif with a transparent background that dithers to the white on high resolution displays (I'm using a Retina Mac but there are plenty of PCs with similar screens), this makes it look like it has fringes and it looks like and is a fault.

If you're going to use that kind of logo you need to:

1. Save it in Photoshop against the same color background as where it will be used (the particular shade of blue you use on the header bar I think). Then when you save it as a gif with a transparent background you select the header blue color as the swatch to be transparent. When you position the gif on the web page with you editor you can place against any of that color blue background and it will look good.

2. You also have to set things up to serve two versions (do one at 400 pixels wide and the other at 800 pixels wide and test).

OR simply go back to the source file for the logo and export it as a jpg and not a gif. Use the jpg instead.

The old logo simply softens up on the higher resolution displays since it's a jpg. And we don't care if it is slightly softer than optimal, it still looks good.

Bottom line, use the freaking jpg not the gif!

Edited by Frankly

My wife loves to give me crap about not being able to find the Mayo in the fridge even though it's in the middle of the top shelf right in front of my face. (To which I respond that it's supposed to be in teh friggin' door!!!!! But I digress...) Anyway, where is the Enos Forums logo that is not visible? As hard as I've been trying to find invisible objects my whole life, it seems that I'm still failing.

Voting like this never works, I used to be in the design business. Better to keep the old logo or go all out and really do a great job on a new design. Then ask your wife, they always win in the end.

Most people won't vote for change. Hopefully I'm wrong about this in a few months....

Edited by Frankly