Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR123 sized Tungsten carbide weights for pistol lights

Solscud007

So I have a bunch of these tungsten carbide slugs lying around. I was playing around with them and found out that two of them are almost the same size as a CR123 battery. I test fitted them in one of my Surefire X300 pistol lights.

The light weighs 2.6 oz.

img_4710.jpg

With two regular CR123 the light weighs 3.7oz. Making the 2xCR123 weigh 1.1oz.

img_4711.jpg

Now add the four tungsten carbide weights to the light brings it to a whopping 9.8 oz!!!!

img_4712.jpg

The four weights alone are about 7.1oz.

img_4713.jpg

Do you think people would be interested in buying these weights to add inside their pistol weaponlights? diameter wise they are a perfect fit but are a tad shorter. So there is a little bit of play and they shift a tiny bit. But that can be remedied with a spacer. Like a small piece of folded paper.

Edited by Solscud007

Maybe you could sponsor Bob Vogel . :)

I had a class with him where he showed it to us, I believe when he first started playing with it.

... I wonder if size/shape of the slugs would fit in magazine basepads for carry optics, were it sounds like you can weight up and you have extra room loading to only 10. Maybe help the plastic gun folks compete with CZ, or let CZ get close to the limit ?

I had a class with him where he showed it to us, I believe when he first started playing with it.

... I wonder if size/shape of the slugs would fit in magazine basepads for carry optics, were it sounds like you can weight up and you have extra room loading to only 10. Maybe help the plastic gun folks compete with CZ, or let CZ get close to the limit ?

Is there a weight limit for CO?

Is there a weight limit for CO?

CO has weight limit of gun with optic + empty mag of 45 ounces.

• 10 months later...

Sorry I was trying to respond via my phone and forgot my password. Then got locked out. LOL. So I fired up the laptop. PM sent.

1 hour ago, Avedis said:

bump, anyone know where I can get these? I sent a message to the OP but havent heard back

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2016 at 9:52 PM, Solscud007 said:

So I have a bunch of these tungsten carbide slugs lying around. I was playing around with them and found out that two of them are almost the same size as a CR123 battery. I test fitted them in one of my Surefire X300 pistol lights.

The light weighs 2.6 oz.

img_4710.jpg

With two regular CR123 the light weighs 3.7oz. Making the 2xCR123 weigh 1.1oz.

img_4711.jpg

Now add the four tungsten carbide weights to the light brings it to a whopping 9.8 oz!!!!

img_4712.jpg

The four weights alone are about 7.1oz.

img_4713.jpg

Do you think people would be interested in buying these weights to add inside their pistol weaponlights? diameter wise they are a perfect fit but are a tad shorter. So there is a little bit of play and they shift a tiny bit. But that can be remedied with a spacer. Like a small piece of folded paper.

I just PM you~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...