MissionaryMike

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/2/2016 at 9:48 AM, TaterHead said:

70k rounds. Working Dog.

post-6320-0-06602400-1470149264_thumb.jp

Saw this right after above post.  Guess the finish is holding up real well for 70k rounds.  Looks like wear from your thumb swiping the safety, but guess the race holsters keep them from wearing at the muzzle and slide.  What finish is it, just blued or?

I had a 1911 with the frame NP3, no signs of wear, and the slide robar coating that showed muzzle/slide wear from 007 and then kydex it was used with.  Really liked that 2 tone look.

Edited by pskys2

I shoot left handed, so the wear you see is actually my right thumb from pulling back the slide. The other side where my left thumb rests on top of the safety is worn more. Don’t know the finish, just a two tone of some kind. Gun at 85k now and a new barrel.

On 3/24/2019 at 7:51 AM, RIIID said:

I built this awhile back for a client, Caspian slide and is chambered in 9x25.  It was fun to shoot!

Rich

SV-9x25-lft-pro.jpg.a8f324e473b8678ed5616fcf3e4e8a31.jpg

Man, that looks real nice.  Must have taken a lot of time and effort setting up and doing all those cuts.  Back in the day when I used to RO on a regular basis, we had a local guy with a Krebs-built 9x25 open gun.  That thing was ridiculously loud.

4 hours ago, SlappyMcTrigger said:

Sweet pistol bud! I went back and forth on the extra slide serration a million times. Funny how it changes the look of the length IMHO. 

You need to get some more (better) shots of that thing. 

thanks man, the serrations where a must on my build!!! due to the size requirement of the photos the quality is not as good when I upload them.. i work on some different angles..

6 minutes ago, Corrado_kid said:

Picked it up used. Shoots like a dream!! 

cool..very nice. I was going to give you a word of caution if it was new..looks like it is stainless?? if always keep it greased with Lucas Red & Tacky #2 for the grease,

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...