Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Canman

Are 22 long rifle available in your area?

Just checking.

Here in central MS they are still getting bought up as quick as they hit the shelves.

Once in awhile at a local WalMart.

Always in stock at Academy sports, it's been that way for the past two years. It might not be the brand I wanted but I can always leave with something.

Cabelas has had stock for the past 6 months or so. Before that it was hit or miss.

Edited by L3324temp

Mom and Pop gun shops have it but it's twice the price I'm willing to pay. The chain stores have an empty shelf with a price tag as a memorial of the good old days.

Just found a bunch on the shelves at the cabelas in scarborough ME on Friday. Mini mags and winchester in the red plastic boxes and some other stuff too. There was plenty. Of course not as cheap as it once was but it was fair and in stock.

The new cabelas near me has plenty in stock.

For now....

Oklahoma City metro area has had regular stock at sporting goods stores for about 2 years. Prices are not great, but not awful. At the Walmarts someone is still buying it all up, but it isn't affecting people who are serious about shooting.

My local WalMart s, no but two other places have quite a bit at a reasonable price. And no I can't recall the name of those places as I fear they would sell out.

Its hit or miss at our local Walmarts but seems to be getting better.

Unlike the everywhere else that has .22 LR ammo in stock, Walmart has tried to keep prices fairly low.

I've seen .22's on the shelf at the local Walmart twice in the last 3 or 4 years.

One day the clerk was pulling 50 round boxes of Rem. Thunderbolts out of a brick box and placing them on the shelf with a limit of three 50 round boxes per customer.

The second time there was 2 or 3 one hundred round boxes of CCI's for $10 each. I only saw them that one time.

Oh, went back to that Walmart the next day after the clerk was busting up the bricks and all of it was gone. There was a couple guys foaming at the mouth and buying three 50 round boxes at a time and running out there car so they could come back in and buy three more boxes each before repeating till it was gone. I saw them at the counter twice that trip before I left the store.

These days I just load up .223 and go shooting. Piss on paying those prices for .22's.

One of the Dicks in the Binghamton area has had 3 or 4 shelves of 22 for several months. They don't even do the "2 boxes" max thing anymore. They ran a sale last weekend of "buy 1 get the 2nd at 50% off". That was 2 boxes and 2 @ 50%, but, they let me and my wife each buy 2. They are running about 10 cents/ea for CCI and 8 cents/ea for Rem, Win, Fed, etc. BUT I don't have to pick brass, clean, reload, etc...