Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What 3 gun holsters are you running STI 2011

I have been running a Bladetech WRS since '13.  I will never run a holster with no active retention.  I've seen too many guns come out.  I've modified the bladetech to try and be as fast as possible but the retention system isn't not the smoothest or easiest to disengage so I'm thinking about trying the GLS.  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Hill Tactical makes a level 2 holster that uses a WRS hood. I use it on an ELS belt, it's great. As many others have said I would never run a holster without a retention device, there are many good ones out there. 

I run a Windfall Defense custom rig. They are local (to me), support matches (both local club and majors), and are willing to go above and beyond to make sure the customer is happy. Them being one of my sponsors is just an added bonus lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
On March 25, 2018 at 3:42 PM, fastshooter03 said:

I used this Windfall Defense open pistol kydex at the Missouri 3-Gun Championship without issue.

Nick

1015171726.jpg

Can you get this holster to fit a pistol with a thumb rest

On 4/14/2018 at 8:36 PM, sschultz said:

Good question.  I'm guessing the thumbrest would create too much of a open area for retention on this type of holster but Windfall also has a High Retention loop that may work with a thumbrest shape.  Best would be to contact Nate and Jeremy at Windfall to see what they think. 

Nick

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 6:36 PM, sschultz said:

Man, you can get anything made if you get to a decent Kydex shop. 

My holster was made to use the scope mount and comp ports for added retention. 

I was initially concerned about the gun holding zero. 1000's of rounds later, and no issues. 

I use all blade tech gear. Everything from belt to holster and mag pouches. Customer service is great with the company and I have had good luck with their products. 

I have Weber Tactical pouches on my belt. They have great retention and release easily enough. I accidentally ordered bullets rearward and they were kind enough to let me swap them out 4 bullets for word even though it was my mistake. I recommend them.

What holsters even work for the STI DVC 3 Gun? Seems an odd gun to get a holster for due to the 5.4" Barrel. Only suggestion I've seen is the NERD Coffin holster but those have been out of stock everywhere... and I've honestly never used NERD or heard of them previously. Anything else out there?

On 8/26/2017 at 8:30 AM, Zebraman said:

Does anyone use a thumb rest like a Nitro Fin have any pics of their modifications to the holster to accommodate it?  

I use a Bladetech 5.11 that I modified to fit my 2011. I just cut away a bit of the inside until the thumb rest cleared using a small wood carving knife. Mounted on an Invictus hanger and used some spacers to keep the thumb rest from hitting the hanger. Haven’t had any issues with it, but I’m not the fastest guy on the squad either.

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
NERDS on a Matt Lee hanger works wonders!
Going to give Weber Tactical a try as well as his PCC pouches are the &$£€! 

I’m struggling picking between the nerd or a Weber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Safariland ALS retention holster with just the first level of retention(take all the cop stuff off), easiest and fastest to draw, solid retention out there.

And then keep a standard kydex non-retention holster for bay stages and just switch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 4:56 PM, Timmeh said:

Safariland ALS retention holster with just the first level of retention(take all the cop stuff off), easiest and fastest to draw, solid retention out there.

And then keep a standard kydex non-retention holster for bay stages and just switch.

this is exactly what i did, little mods to the safariland and used a ben hanger works awesome and the retention is super easy to engage i dont even know im doing it. 

33 minutes ago, greerstyl said:

this is exactly what i did, little mods to the safariland and used a ben hanger works awesome and the retention is super easy to engage i dont even know im doing it. 

I just won't ever use anything else! It locks on the ejection port, it's solid, and safariland holsters won't break on you!