Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What 3 gun holsters are you running STI 2011

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I using the the Safariland ELS for my Shotgun and Rifle, planning of getting a Bladetech Holster for my upcoming STI Eagle , my question is whether the ELS fork is compatible with Bladetech holster. thanks

1 hour ago, ffgats said:

I using the the Safariland ELS for my Shotgun and Rifle, planning of getting a Bladetech Holster for my upcoming STI Eagle , my question is whether the ELS fork is compatible with Bladetech holster. thanks

I use a blade tech on a boss hanger which is compatible with els.

I just got the NERD for my DVC 3 gun.  Mainly cause it is about the only holster that can be had for a DVC 3 gun, trieda double alpha academy and HATED it.  

I haven't run it in a match yet, but the fit and finish is amazing, but it is extremely expensive for what it is.....  That being said, buy once, cry once. 

On 5/17/2017 at 12:36 AM, Kirkwoodious said:

+1 for the safariland GLS.  Easy to fit to your 2011 with supplied spacer.  Hasn't fallen out or caused a bad draw in over a year of match use... and they are CHEAP.

DRop offset add on a must though

do you mind posting the model# of your GLS, mine is a 2011 SDC ( Eagle), is the GLS compatible with ELS or Boss Hanger. thanks

On 12/20/2017 at 11:04 AM, ffgats said:

do you mind posting the model# of your GLS, mine is a 2011 SDC ( Eagle), is the GLS compatible with ELS or Boss Hanger. thanks

Here is what i ordered on Amazon in mid 2016

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UTMDT2U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0048KG098/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm using the GLS with a QLS attachment with my STI edge.  I have tried ELS but feels to flimsy.  I'm familiar with the Boss Hangers, but have never messed with one.  I'd imagine they work great - because you can always drill an extra hole in kydez if needed.

• 1 month later...

I am looking for a holster for a 6" STI sight tracker with a butler cut.  I would like to have a thumb release as i shoot 3-gun and like that peace of mind.  Bladetech used to carry one but they don't anymore.  Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, sbaker5 said:

I am looking for a holster for a 6" STI sight tracker with a butler cut.  I would like to have a thumb release as i shoot 3-gun and like that peace of mind.  Bladetech used to carry one but they don't anymore.  Thank you in advance.

Think I bought the last 6" 2011 WRS holster from Shooters Source a week or so back. If you can find someone else that still has one in stock, that's a great option...

Lots of other suggestions in this thread. May have to go to a "custom" maker for active retention for 6" gun though...

12 hours ago, Kmarsh1966 said:

N.E.R.D Coffin

This.  I have a 6" STI, although not a sight tracker, and a N.E.R.D Coffin showing up tomorrow.  It doesn't have a thumb release, but they give you a helluva guarantee that the pistol will not come out of the holster.

https://www.weare-nerd.com/hats/nerd-pistol-coffin-3-gun-holster

Backed up by the best promise in the game, if your pistol comes out of this holster at any championship level 3 gun event, whether it's a stage DQ or a match DQ, email us, and we will refund your entire match entry fee. We just need your order number.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 12:28 PM, DSowers said:

I have a Lytton Custom w/ a boss hanger that I used for my Atlas Titan and it is the smoothest drawing holster I have ever used.. I have a Blade Tech and a Safariland for it as well and they don't even come close to the Lytton..  Add to that it's double walled and you can pick your colors/ pattern and you have perfection..

IMG_3440.JPG

Lytton makes the best holsters in my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:18 PM, sbaker5 said:

NERD and Red Hill Tactical both make 6" holsters. RHT lists with the thumb *thumb rest [generic]* cut (or do you mean level 2 retention). I would call and confirm if you need something specific, odds are they already have but may not advertise it. Both have screws which will keep it super secure. If you must have Lvl 2, you might try contacting G-Code. They have done some modular and different stuff back when I when I wanted a TRP Operator full rail with and without a light with a thumb actuated cover release.