Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What 3 gun holsters are you running STI 2011

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone from the Bladetech WRS to the Safariland ALS to my current setup which is the NERD coffin holster. I love the NERD holster compared to the others. I never could get the ALS to perform how I wanted it to and the WRS was slow compared to the ALS and the NERD.

Edited by Deerhunter9790

I run a Bladetech holster in 3 gun tactical. I shoot a 6 inch STI 2011. It works well for all the running around but you have to tighten the retention screw like PatriotMRD said.

For Open 3 Gun I am currently running an Arredondo holster.

I have gone from the Bladetech WRS to the Safariland ALS to my current setup which is the NERD coffin holster. I love the NERD holster compared to the others. I never could get the ALS to perform how I wanted it to and the WRS was slow compared to the ALS and the NERD.

I wish they made the nerd in something other than black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a Bladetech holster in 3 gun tactical. I shoot a 6 inch STI 2011. It works well for all the running around but you have to tighten the retention screw like PatriotMRD said.

For Open 3 Gun I am currently running an Arredondo holster.

Had a guy do the exact opposite to "not slow down" his draw at a local match a year or two ago. He was on the rifle section of a stage a took off on a sprint to the next position. The handgun, loaded, came up and out and tumbled to the ground. I know at one point the barrel pointed directly back at me. I yelled "STOP!" and he looked back like "why?" I pointed down near my feet and gave the ULSC command. Told him that "faster draw just cost you the match". The 1/4 second slower draw will, most likely, never be the match killer but, a loaded handgun bouncing on the deck will end your match in about 1 second. It could have easily ended up far worse. Edited by PatriotMRD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AustinWolv said:

A pure drop-in?  No.

A 5 minute mod?  Yes, the one for the Springfield Operator. 

I'm shooting a SDC 2011 with a CK Arms metal frame. Do you think this will work?

Thanks

Nick

11 hours ago, Nick S said:

I'm shooting a SDC 2011 with a CK Arms metal frame. Do you think this will work?

Thanks

Nick

Yes, believe so.

The long dust cover STI Edge frame in this video fits easily in the ALS.  The ALS model number is listed in the video description.  As detailed in other threads here on Enos, you stick the gun in the holster, briefly get the holster warm with a hairdryer or heat gun, then just wiggle the gun slightly side to side......that'll slightly loosen up the body and make the draw faster and more smooth.  Then, based on what safety and mag release you are using, you may want to cut/dremel the safety guard down on the holster (it is there to block the safety since it is a duty holster) as well as clear some space for the mag release.  Very simple and fast to do.  I also recommend the Oregon Defense Nub Mod, as it makes accessing the ALS lever significantly easier and faster.

Edited by AustinWolv

• 5 months later...

Surprised no one has suggested G-Code XST series. I have been running ALS holsters a long time, and while I like them, the retention release on the XST is straight down making the draw more natural. This assumes you want some form of active retention and not just friction. 

Safariland race holster mounted directly to their belt.  I've got a 5 inch 2011 that it fits perfectly.  The only problem I have is I keep fiddling with the retention screw when I don't have something to do with my hands.