Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opera/Firefox/Chrome Malicious-Deceptive site warning

Vlad

Getting this with Chrome. Was ok on Tuesday, didn't visit yesterday. I've also noticed that if you search for something on Google (not this site specific) and click one of the results that come here, you get a different page the first time you try.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be because of the redirect that is running from the old server. Google may be detecting that and marking this as a phishing site, i.e.. it points to another url on a different server.

The old (dedicated) server is shut down.

The redirect is on the new TSS, shared server. It redirects any brianenos.com/forums links to forums.brianenos.com.

New this afternoon Chrome is blocking my access to the Enos forum.

It indicates they detected phishing activities on the site.

I remember an earlier thread where it was happening with Opera.

Sounds like someone is doing something to try to make the forum off limits.

Bill

Keep checking back. IPS sent me all the info I needed to submit the site to google to have the pishing warning removed. Which may take up to 24 hours.

I'm out the door this moment and won't have internet access until tomorrow afternoon. My Man, Rhett, at IPS, said he would monitor this though. :) He is a ninja.

Keep checking back. IPS sent me all the info I needed to submit the site to google to have the pishing warning removed. Which may take up to 24 hours.

I'm out the door this moment and won't have internet access until tomorrow afternoon. My Man, Rhett, at IPS, said he would monitor this though. :) He is a ninja.

Good god! No internet for 24 hours? Where you going, the moon?:)

I don't really know what all those words mean but a few days ago using my Samsung Galaxy S5 with chrome (desktop view) I Google searched Brian Enos. When I clicked on it the phone started vibrating nonstop and a bunch of windows popped up. I closed out that page and restarted the phone.

If that's what youze guys are talking about does that mean my phone is in any kind of danger now like a virus or something?

I don't really know what all those words mean but a few days ago using my Samsung Galaxy S5 with chrome (desktop view) I Google searched Brian Enos. When I clicked on it the phone started vibrating nonstop and a bunch of windows popped up. I closed out that page and restarted the phone.

If that's what youze guys are talking about does that mean my phone is in any kind of danger now like a virus or something?

I don't think so. Every time I open the forums, search new content, hit back button etc, I get a red screen saying the forums are suspected of phishing. It lets me close the window or choose to ignore the warning.

I think this is a Google attempt to discredit gun related sites. I get it every time I go to Enos over the past couple of days, I'm using Firefox and Windows 10. I've been getting all kinds of phoney warnings about sites since I changed to Win 10. I need to get my son to reset my security parameters. I just hit the ignore button and then report to Google that the site is not malicious. I have to do it whenever I go to Enos, doesn't matter which version of link I use.

Probably no danger as long as you didn't install or download anything. There are viruses/malware that can install themselves but they're pretty rare. Android is relatively well locked down so that no malicious code and be executed without you giving it express permission. But that's only a probably. Without seeing the screens in question, it's hard to say for sure.

it only happened to me on my work computer and only saw it today. I assumed our tech dudes blocked it. Haven't experienced it at home.

Haha me too! Thought I was busted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk