Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Richard Weeks from Wyoming

CHA-LEE

I got some unfortunate news this morning that Richard Weeks from Wyoming passed away on Monday due to a motorcycle accident. Richard was one of our Super Super Seniors that enjoyed shooting local USPSA matches here in Colorado. At 81 years young Richard was one of the oldest USPSA shooters we had that regularly attended matches. He wasn’t the “Fastest” shooter but man he was super accurate. It wasn’t uncommon for him to shoot stages with all Alphas. I would joke with him saying “Richard, I am glad that I shot before you because you used up all of the Alphas and all that was left for everyone else are the Charlies nd Deltas!!!”. We all cherished our time on the range with Richard and had an unspoken responsibility to kept an eye on how he was doing when the weather got really challenging at the range. Richard liked to squad with me whenever he could. Why this is, I am not totally sure but we had fun shooting together and I did my best to help him through the matches.

Richard may have been part of the Super Super Senior squad but he was always willing to help. The last time I seen him was a few weeks ago where he helped me setup a stage for a local Aurora Gun Club USPSA match. We had the opportunity to setup a stage together then shoot the match together as well. It’s difficult for me to accept the fact that he is gone and it was the last time I would see him.

I didn’t know Richard outside of the range, much like many of my fellow shooters at the range. We meet so many great people at the range and become friends while having fun. I wish that I made the time to know Richard outside of the range but that opportunity is now gone. With the little I did know Richard I hope that I he enjoyed our time together as much as I did. Rest in peace my friend!!!