Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Megamind

Best shell caddies ?

51 minutes ago, FortesInFide said:

I’ve been reading everything possible on the forum and would like to know a little more on which caddies have best retention. 

While the caddies dies in use now are fast and quite popular, I’m deoppomg shells more than preferable. 

So between Invictus and Taccom and Carbon Arms, which hold shells best?

Carbon arms have excellent retention.  They are a little slower on release, but that beats dropped shells in my book.  I also like that you can stack then right next to each other in a line, so they take up less real estate and you can grab 2 or 4 shells.

I've been using tac com shell holders and been very very happy with them. The owner, Tim, is a board member and sponsor I believe. Also his customer service is awesome.
+1000

Another 2 thumbs up for Invictus here.  Adjustable, solid design, holds the shells in tight yet they are easy to retrieve.  Kevin’s always been there to answer my questions.  

I've been using a pair of Invictus Rack 12Qs and so far am very happy with them.  Retention is good, but not overly aggressive, and I love how adjustable they are for cant and rotation.  They're expensive, but think of it as a buy-once, cry-once situation.  

I would just go to a match, and probably 9/10 people would let you try their caddies for a stage or I know many shooters that have extra caddies to loan, and make the decision after you try some out. Downside is you won't get to practice with them prior to, but at least you'll get what you like/want without buying/selling or having stuff left over.

I use taccom, never had any issues, but I have all the older style, and one magnetic.

I use AP custom 2L/6 and 4X4 but they went out of business. Bought several spring packages and doubled up on the 2L/6 carrier springs- prevented shells from popping out in certain situations. If I were to purchase a dual load system now I would probably go with carbon arms.

Check out king competition, Hayes Customs sells them on their website. 

Plus another for Invictus. Great guy and awesome customer service.

Love my safariland with the els. I am very rough on all my stuff and the safariland has made it through 3 hard as hell matches in Utah, plus other matches and still running strong. I don’t hide them or put them on the sides to prevent damage. I have fallen on them numerous times on different environments and they are still going strong. 

On a a side note, running them on a chest rig like Keith Garcia is super fast!

If you are not in a hurry.......TACCOM's Project Gemini should be ready to go by the end of November.