Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore slide ride windage

molson

Hello all,

I have a new problem that has recently just shown up with my 9mm major open gun. My windage adjustment screw just will not hold it's adjustment. It moves ever so slightly during each stage of a match. I should mention that it is mounted horizontal.

So I have read the many posts here and I am reading that you do not want to over tighten the lock screw on this adjustment. With that being said, I have tightened it as tight as I feel comfortable doing. Still moves. I have checked closely, and the sight is not cracked.

I have read that I should consider using vibratight on the screw(s). I have a tube of this available. Here is the worlds stupidest questions. Do I take the windage screw out and use the vibratight on the screw or would it work to just take the lock screw out and put it on that? Would it work to perhaps put blue thread locker or even the vibratight on the left hand side of the cmore where the windage screw can be seen and not need to actually take the screw out?

Looking for some ideas and suggestions.

Thanks for your assistance.

Mjolson

Dave Re had a website with a fix for wandering windage but it seems to be off line. Here is a print to PDF that I did. This process has worked for me...

C-More Care and Feeding – Fixing Wandering Windage _ Re-Gun.pdf

and here are a couple others from there:

C-More Care and Feeding – Lenses, Diodes, and Mounts, Oh My! _ Re-Gun.pdf

C-More Care and Feeding – Zero’ing and Adjustment _ Re-Gun.pdf

Hope this helps...

Thank you Chuck!

I had no idea you could see that windage adjustment screw from the bottom. I have not removed the scope, but certainly will give this a try. The other documents are also very interesting. I will add these to my collection.

molson

Thank you Chuck. I read those articles when the site was up, but did not have the forethought to grab an offline copy.

No sweat! My whole C-more adventure started with those $49 serendipity sights on Amazon a couple years ago. In order to use them, I had to do the slide ride mod. So I printed out the Brazos mod procedure and it seemed prudent to print out Dave's stuff also. Dave's fix for the wondering windage (or elevation for a Sidemore) really works.

Glad to help!

Chuck

• 2 years later...
On 7/23/2016 at 9:34 PM, ChuckS said:

Dave Re had a website with a fix for wandering windage but it seems to be off line. Here is a print to PDF that I did. This process has worked for me...

C-More Care and Feeding – Fixing Wandering Windage _ Re-Gun.pdf

and here are a couple others from there:

C-More Care and Feeding – Lenses, Diodes, and Mounts, Oh My! _ Re-Gun.pdf

C-More Care and Feeding – Zero’ing and Adjustment _ Re-Gun.pdf

Hope this helps...

Those are great articles.  Thank you