Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag extensions for limited

corey4

what mag extensions are 140mm legal for uspsa limited?

i was going to go with the ETS 22rnd 140mm mags, but i think for a game gun, i'd rather have the extra weight of the extension to help drop the mag out (if that truly works). sometimes i have to give the gun a quick flick to drop the mags. all of my mags are glock factory mags.

gun will be a glock 34 gen4 with a dawson heavy brass magwell.

Know a lot of guys that run the taran pads. They fit the gauge perfect and feel nice. Only issue I saw with them was the retention pin interfered with with zev magwell my buddy has. Thats easily fixed tho. Either dremel the magwell a touch or just leave the pin halfway down.

I run the TTI on my Glock factory mags. I have not had any problems with them not dropping or rounds feeding. I had to indent the ZEV Maxwell insert to allow the pin to clear of the base pads.

Only 19 because it's a .40. Should be able to get 20 in the .40 with a little "massaging" of the spring/follower. 9mm should do 23 pretty easily without much work at all.

I've got half dozen of the Dawson 140mm extensions and they are real nice. Also have a couple of Arrendondo ones that I don't care for the way they snap together. Finally, I have a couple of the Taylor Freelance 170mm extensions, they are also very, very nice. I imagine their 140mm ones are just as nice. All of them came with replacement extra power springs and have worked 100% of the time.

having to flick out the factory mags has been an issue with all of my glocks. 2 19s, a 34, 3 17s. this seems to be a known issue with glocks.

Having to ? Or just developed the habit ? I've seen people say they HAVE to flip the mag's out, bit if you ask them to hold the pistol up and drop the mag, when not under stress, it falls right out...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

having to flick out the factory mags has been an issue with all of my glocks. 2 19s, a 34, 3 17s. this seems to be a known issue with glocks.

Having to ? Or just developed the habit ? I've seen people say they HAVE to flip the mag's out, bit if you ask them to hold the pistol up and drop the mag, when not under stress, it falls right out...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

not a habit, it doesn't happen all the time, just every once in awhile.