Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Alaskan454

Alaskan454's Range Diary

Once or twice a year I shoot my CZ 75 in a match to see how things look from the other side.   It was a bit rough getting used to the semi-auto platform.  Several times I started to reload prematurely, or forgot to reload when I should have.  Once I got warmed up it went pretty well but I did get a wee bit trigger happy at times.  I didn't let the gun settle on steel plates and poppers, so I broke shots early or moved the gun off target too quickly.  Wasn't used to the SAO trigger.  I might consider shooting a LII match sometime with the auto, but I would need to practice quite a bit so it doesn't feel awkward in my hands.  Anyway, here's some video from the match:

The IRC is coming up in a few weeks.  I recently did a few hundred round training session focused on SHO and WHO with my Ruger GP100 to burn up some old 38 special.  Went surprisingly well for not shooting one handed much this year.  USPSA last weekend was fun and I tried to focus on balancing speed and points to mimic how I would shoot an ICORE match.  My accuracy was pretty good earning 95% of points.  I had 150A, 19C, and 1M.  The Mike was totally my fault, time a swinger poorly and didn't have rounds in the gun for a make up shot.  I figured reloading and firing one more round would have been lower overall HF on that stage for a static target, let alone a moving one that was not fully visible most of the time.  I'm running a Steel Challenge match this weekend and was hoping to have some time to practice beforehand, though work is super busy and I haven't even loaded me ammo yet.  Will try to sneak in some dry fire and make GM on Sunday.  I only need to shave ~1 second at this point.