Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How often do you practice and shoot matches?

CJDOUBLETAP

I've been hitting it harder than ever this season.

- 4-5 dry fire sessions a week about 30min each

- 1-2 live fire practice sessions a week 100-300 rounds

- 2 matches per week

That's a pretty typical week of shooting for me from April- September. I don't shoot much at all during the winter.

How much does everyone else get out to shoot?

I wish I had the time.

Dry fire 6 days a week, 45-60 min

2 matches a month

1 live fire practice/month, if I get lucky.

Considering swapping a match for more practice.

Edited by tha1000

I'm slacking on the dry fire...I've been shooting every sat and Sunday (matches and or practice) getting ready for nationals. Funny thing is I said I was gonna slow down in the summer heat but some how I've ramped it up!

??? 2 matches a week??

I'm lucky to get 2 a month. The close range is an hour drive and the next closest is 2 hours.

I dry fire 2-3 times a week for an hour.did more in winter

Not enough.

1-2 dry sessions a week, 30-60 min each.

Average of 1 live session every other weekend, 200-300 rounds.

2-3 matches most months that nature allows (winter seems to last 5 months in my neck of the woods).

I would like to put more time into it, but every time I want to commit to increased training my kids say they want to play with me and I remember what's most important in life.

I shoot 2 matches a month, dryfire 30 minutes 3 times a week (sometimes more), but rarely do i get to live fire practice. Soon I'll join a local club, so i can go live fire practice at a convenient place. I do i need to increase dryfire and definitely live fire to continue to improve

Daniel K

Im at same place as Tonythe Tiger. I would like to train longer and more often, but a wife, 2 year old daughter, work, and keeping up with house stuff doesnt always leave as much time as desired

Daniel K

Winter: 1-2 matches a week (open pistol and indoor .22 rifle matches).

Summer: 1-3 matches a month (open pistol and "real" rifle matches.

Live fire training is 1-3 times a month year round for the most part.

Dry fire almost every day, both pistol and rifle.

Even though technically I shoot more pistol matches than rifle matches I'm primarily a rifle shooter. I use pistol matches as a means to gain stage/match experience.

Edited by slemmo

Good thread. Everyone needs to include there classification though!!!

7-10 dry fire sessions a week. Both indoor and outdoor. 20-60 minutes.

2 matches a week (quick short indoor weeknight and 1 uspsa match on Saturdays). No live fire really. Don't have any where :(

Made A my first classification. Still an A(don't want M yet). Been shooting uspsa for 11 months and practicing like this for the last 5 months or so.

Edited by ShortBus

- 2 matches per week

That's a pretty typical week of shooting for me from April- September. I don't shoot much at all during the winter.

Www1e

- 2 matches per week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I own a gun business, and a range.

Never practice, :( unless you count several rounds to confirm zero the day before a match

shoot 2 matches per month on avg.

Should be classified Pro in 3GN as soon as last weeks classifier scores are updated, and most likely 2nd place in the 3GN club series ranking

• 4 weeks later...

5+ dry fire sessions a week

1 match a month

Essentially no live fire

-need to get at least one live fire a month, just with a disciplined dry fire routine I have made big improvements but without live fire I think there are some areas that suffer

5+ dry fire sessions a week

1 match a month

Essentially no live fire

-need to get at least one live fire a month, just with a disciplined dry fire routine I have made big improvements but without live fire I think there are some areas that suffer

Dry fire is extremely important almost more important than live fire just because it's safer and cheaper. Haha. I shot maybe 150 rounds 2 weeks before the Virginia state idpa championship with hours of dry fire though and took 1st in ESP Expert.

I try to dry fire 4-5 times a week. 40-60 minutes. Any more and my elbows get too painful to bear. Live fire maybe once a week.

Matches? 1 per month, try for two but family stuff always seems to get in the way. Plus, it's long drives to the closest matches.