Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Bullet sense sensor

According to their website it is "coming soon." Just wondered if anyone had heard when that was.

It was coming soon before the SwageSense was even on the radar screen...

As of May (the last time I checked with them) it was still in the works.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Want2BS8ed

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You would think Mark VII would bother to send their existing customers a notice... or at least reach out to the folks that have contacted them a few times regarding an ETA on the Bullet Sense (as little as 3 weeks ago!).

Fantastic products, great engineering, but still amateur hour when it comes to running/marketing a business...

M

On 2/18/2017 at 9:45 PM, Want2BS8ed said:

.....Fantastic products, great engineering, but still amateur hour when it comes to running/marketing a business...

M

Mark7  has not marketed the BulletSense to anyone EXCEPT our existing customers with a pinned post in the Mark7 User Group on Facebook. If you have any questions please let me know.

Edited by pmd

Mark7  has not marketed the BulletSense to anyone EXCEPT our existing customers with a pinned post in the Mark7 User Group on Facebook. If you have any questions please let me know.

Not everyone is on Facebook Paul, much less on Mark7's user group...

The new sensor is all over your website. I am an existing customer and yet I found out here on BE's forums thanks only to the kindness of a fellow member. If Facebook is your sole form of communication, then I would suggest your marketing plan to reach existing customers failed rather miserably.

Questions? Sure.

You have a database of every customer that has purchased a Mark VII. Why did you choose not to use that information the same way you did when the Swage Sense was launched? You have certainly shown that capability when software updates were available.

You have an onerous system to track requests on your website. You have logged inquires from me in May, August and as little as a few weeks ago in late January as to the release date of the Bullet Sense. What is the point of gathering that data if you are not going to utilize it?

I am no CMS expert, but common sense says there have been several missed opportunities.

As an existing customer who has invested several thousands of dollars with Mark VII and expressed interest in this specific sensor, here is what I would have preferred to have happened BEFORE you went live on your website:

Good: you would have posted a release on ALL forms of social media that you have participated on (including this forum) that the Bullet Sense was available for pre-order.

Better: you would have sent an e-mail to all owners that the Bullet Sense was available for pre-order the same way you did with the Swage Sense.

Best: if you couldn't proactively maintain a file for customers that inquired about the Bullet Sense, you could have at least done a quick query of your Request logs and sent a note to the folks who bothered to actually contact you about it.

What is done is now unfortunately done and while I am disappointed, I am just hoping at this point we don't see the same delays that occurred with the Swage Sense.

M

• 2 weeks later...

Same is true with me as well, Want2BS8ed. I don't do Facebook at all. I was/am disappointed with that for the same reasons you listed plus one more. I "subscribed" to the newsletter when I bought my Mark 7 last year, but have never got one newsletter. Go figure.

Have you noticed the price and deposit both for the new Revolution has gone up $1,000? I just feel like I have been kicked in the stomach. I had been working like crazy to accommodate the original price, to have one this summer. Now I don't know....

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Want2BS8ed said:

So... anyone receive their BulletSense yet?

BulletSense is still scheduled to start shipping at the end of the March.

On 3/4/2017 at 2:04 AM, JD1 said:

Same is true with me as well, Want2BS8ed. I don't do Facebook at all. I was/am disappointed with that for the same reasons you listed plus one more. I "subscribed" to the newsletter when I bought my Mark 7 last year, but have never got one newsletter. Go figure.

Have you noticed the price and deposit both for the new Revolution has gone up $1,000? I just feel like I have been kicked in the stomach. I had been working like crazy to accommodate the original price, to have one this summer. Now I don't know....

I bought the MK7 when they were first released for sub 2k. I was part of the first batch of users that experienced a lot of issues. Those issues were worked out in future software and hardware updates. The machine was improved and the price increased. Same goes for the batching of the revolutions. The first batch gets a cheaper unit for being early adopters. They will most likely run into scaling issues from the prototype. Thus improvements will be made for the second batch. You will be getting a higher quality machine in the second batch and so on.

• 2 weeks later...
I am just hoping at this point we don't see the same delays that occurred with the Swage Sense.

...it would appear that milestone has now been surpassed

BulletSense is still scheduled to start shipping at the end of the March.

So where did the end of March come from? A month and a half ago it wasn't early March, mid March, late March or even "in" March, just "March" - implying shipping would start, oh... the beginning of March?

Then again, back in February there was no notice of incompatibility between the BulletSense and the PowderSense. Has fixing that delayed the release?

M

Mark 7 Reloading takes great care in producing our products and if they don't meet our expectations we work hard on them until the product to meets our expectations.
Their was an issue with PowderSense working with BullletSense for a short period - but our Engineers worked quickly and came up with a great solution and it now is compatible. 

Unfortunately sometimes this can be in imprecise process when it comes to timelines but we are confident that we are going to have these sensors out very shortly.
If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me here or call the office.
Thanks for your continued support and interest in Mark 7 Reloading products.

Mark 7 Reloading takes great care in producing our products and if they don't meet our expectations we work hard on them until the product to meets our expectations. Their was an issue with PowderSense working with BullletSense for a short period - but our Engineers worked quickly and came up with a great solution and it now is compatible.    Unfortunately sometimes this can be in imprecise process when it comes to timelines but we are confident that we are going to have these sensors out very shortly. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me here or call the office. Thanks for your continued support and interest in Mark 7 Reloading products.  

Let's wade through the fluff and translate the above: "we screwed up, we are going to miss our time commitment and despite having your money we didn't deem it worthy enough to be proactive and let you know..."

Paul, if you read through this thread, there is no issue with your products or your after sale technical support, however I will continue to hold you and Mark VII responsible for the lack of communication.

Really, is it apathy, poor records or a lack of organization that prevents you from dropping a quick line to the folks that have sent you their hard earned cash with a few mea culpas, a status update and (heaven forbid) an apology for the delay?

And there in lies what bothers me the most about your response; you are not sorry. Rather than apologizing and communicating why it is going to take longer, you have basically provided fluffy passive excuses, which does little to inspire confidence you will meet customer expectations. In the end, isn't that the goal? To provide a high quality product, at a fair price, in the time frame you committed too?

Bullet Sense started shipping this week.  What's the issue?  Quality company, best in class products and amazing customer service.  New product delays is not something to bitch about.

Edited by blueeyedme

I am sorry you guys have been somehow missed in the communications.  I will talk to Jay about improving that side of things.  Many things are already in the works to make this better.  
Regarding ship dates, MK7 works very hard to only release products that are only 100% ready for the consumer market.  This may not be rocket science but in some aspects it's pretty close.  Mk7 is actually inventing new products.  When there is a new concept in the works we get excited and want to let folks know what is coming.  Sometimes we hit it on the projected timeline, sometimes we aren't happy with the product and delay the release so that the end user WILL be happy.
Also please remember, Mk7 is still a young company that has experienced tremendous growth in a very shot period of time. We have growing pains just like all young companies.

We thank you for your support and helping us achieve that success.  Without our customers none of this is possible  

5 hours ago, Want2BS8ed said:

Let's wade through the fluff and translate the above: "we screwed up, we are going to miss our time commitment and despite having your money we didn't deem it worthy enough to be proactive and let you know..."

Paul, if you read through this thread, there is no issue with your products or your after sale technical support, however I will continue to hold you and Mark VII responsible for the lack of communication.

Really, is it apathy, poor records or a lack of organization that prevents you from dropping a quick line to the folks that have sent you their hard earned cash with a few mea culpas, a status update and (heaven forbid) an apology for the delay?

And there in lies what bothers me the most about your response; you are not sorry. Rather than apologizing and communicating why it is going to take longer, you have basically provided fluffy passive excuses, which does little to inspire confidence you will meet customer expectations. In the end, isn't that the goal? To provide a high quality product, at a fair price, in the time frame you committed too?

Did you ever reach out to MK7 about your concerns via phone or email once march hit?

Yes - the BulletSense Sensors have started shipping this week.

We are shipping as fast as we can test them.

As noted above if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me here or call the office.

Thanks again for your continued support and interest in Mark 7 Reloading products.

Attached is a preview of the finished product.

IMG_1312.JPG.jpeg

Bullet Sense started shipping this week.  What's the issue?

Communication, communication, communication...

Quality company, best in class products and amazing customer service.

No argument. I would even go as far as to say Mark-VII is in a class by themselves. Technical post sale customer service has been excellent as well. Pre-sale, not so much, but I will give Mark-VII credit for owning-up to the miss steps and committing to resolve them, both publicly here and privately from Jay.

New product delays is not something to bitch about.

Who's bitching about the delay? We've been waiting a year. What's another month? What deserves to be bitched about is updating your webpage and announcing the preorders on a single super-squirrel-secret social media site and not letting your customers at large know. Communication, communication, communication...

And lest you think this is a random rant, I am intimately in tune with the struggles of start-up businesses and had lengthy discussions regarding logistics and communication a year ago when the 1050PRO drive was ordered and delayed. Then again when the SwageSense became available and was delayed. Hopefully now that this was discussed openly on the third go-round the right people have seen it and it will be addressed for everyone's benefit in the future.

I am sorry you guys have been somehow missed in the communications.  I will talk to Jay about improving that side of things.  Many things are already in the works to make this better.  
Regarding ship dates, MK7 works very hard to only release products that are only 100% ready for the consumer market.  This may not be rocket science but in some aspects it's pretty close.  Mk7 is actually inventing new products.  When there is a new concept in the works we get excited and want to let folks know what is coming.  Sometimes we hit it on the projected timeline, sometimes we aren't happy with the product and delay the release so that the end user WILL be happy.
Also please remember, Mk7 is still a young company that has experienced tremendous growth in a very shot period of time. We have growing pains just like all young companies.
We thank you for your support and helping us achieve that success.  Without our customers none of this is possible  

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

There is a formula here that one can't help but appreciate: empathy, apology, ownership and a commitment to improve. No excuses, no defensiveness, no attempts to bury concerns in offline conversations. Let's hope there is no need for such in the future, but if there is, it is an excellent template for a perfect public response.

Did you ever reach out to MK7 about your concerns via phone or email once march hit?

Yes. Jay, the owner, reached out to me back in February pretty quickly when this whole kafluffull came to a head and we have had a couple of exchanges since.

Yes - the BulletSense Sensors have started shipping this week.
We are shipping as fast as we can test them.
As noted above if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me here or call the office.
Thanks again for your continued support and interest in Mark 7 Reloading products.

Thanks Paul. I received my shipping notice this afternoon (April 3rd) and it should be here Wednesday. It's been a long wait since last year, but I'm looking forward to getting this on the press.

M

Quick update to close the loop. BulletSense arrived Wednesday evening.

Installation was straightforward and well documented in the latest manual from MarkVII.

Only tricky part was the mounting bracket on station 8 and holding on to the primer rocker arm. That's always been a tricky one when cleaning the press anyway, but just a heads up; take your time and everything will fit together - eventually. And if you are like me, you will get an opportunity to clean and lubricate the priming system... a couple of times.

Aligning the laser looks pretty complicated, but it was ridiculously quick and easy. It's well thought out.

Sensed everything I threw at it, so it looks good to go. A much needed addition to automating the press and certainly glad it's finally available.