Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This place vs. FB

JimmyZip

I know Facebook is run by evil people and uses our information to market to us BUT if you set the privacy controls to the max and learn to ignore the sidebar junk I think you can make it work in your favor. So far it is the only platform that allows me to share family photos ~ like our daughter ~ to the exact audience I want and nobody else. I can also tailor the audience to my posts so the frail need not wilt ;-p

But no, I will never give them a cent or click on any advertising. I want to deprive them of as much revenue as possible.

I started going on to keep in touch with my family and friends who live far from me. As time has gone by it just seems like a place for folks to be rude and comment on things just to stir up an argument. No bueno for anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

As a younger guy >30 life is hard without FB. I cancelled mine years ago and never went back. Problem is I don't get notified of many USPSA/3 Gun/IDPA/long range precision matches. So many people advertise on FB it hard not to have one.

Still not worth the drama though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't stand Facebook. It's a shame that there are things that are only advertised there. The Facebook resisters are few and far between now. To each his own I guess but I for one will not be using it anytime soon.

it seems like a place for folks to be rude and comment on things just to stir up an argument.

Unfortunately, I guess we have some FB lovers here on BE - glad there aren't too many of them :)

Always watching! ;)

FB is better than DP by a wide margin but it's still mostly nonsense. BENOS is an anomaly so enjoy it.

Okay, explain this to the cavemen here, what is DP?

EDIT: Never mind, I've visited Doodie a time or two for entertainment.

Edited by TonytheTiger

FB is better than DP by a wide margin but it's still mostly nonsense. BENOS is an anomaly so enjoy it.

Okay, explain this to the cavemen here, what is DP?

EDIT: Never mind, I've visited Doodie a time or two for entertainment.

Entertainment is right. But I'll give them credit if you want to know "the rest of the story" they usually have it

FB is a very powerful tool.. that does get abused and overlook for its potential. Some of the private groups I belong too have been very informative and for the most part been attitude and personal butt hurt free.

I have a FB account, to keep in touch with family and friends. I log in once a day, in the early morning, with my laptop. That's it.

Drama? I don't tolerate it . . . have "unfollowed" one friend and one family member. They have no way of knowing I've done it. ;)

My daughter stays logged in 24/7, using her phone. :surprise:

I still don't have a Facebook account and hope to never have to set one up. Unfortunately many small businesses are using FB pages mire than websites and sometimes only a limited amount is publicly viewable without an account.

Agreed. The other disturbing trend is matches using it as the sole information delivery device. Easy for them, yes. But a real PITA for those of us who remain steadfast in our position to boycott FB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...