Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA RANGE OFFICER CLASS SILVER CREEK CONSERVATION CLUB

Near Louisville Kentucky, $60.00, otherwise per the verbiage below, August 27-28 if 20 or more people commit to taking the class by August 5 .

If interested, you can pm me for contacts email address.

USPSA RANGE OFFICER CLASS SILVER CREEK CONSERVATION CLUB
Posting this thread to assess interest. I have submitted a request to NROI regarding hosting a Range Officer class. 2 class dates have been targeted. The dates are 8/20-21 & 8/27-28. Very short notice. I know these dates conflict with Indiana & Kentucky USPSA match's. 20 participants need to commit. NROI has not even responded. The production nationals are August 13-14. I submitted the request knowing the likelihood of this happening are slim. Post your response. I will post here when I hear from NROI.

Just heard from NROI. August 27-28, 2016 is a go with Mr. Jay Worden as the instructor.

You guys near that location should go take the class,you may not want to RO,shooters at a match but you will learn what your sport is all about..So sign up

I'd go if it were somewhere in Texas and I have a couple other friends that have expressed interest. I've been trying to push our section coordinator but typically I hear back there's no interest. Funny thing is, I keep hearing majors need more RO's. Maybe one of these majors could get a deal worked out with NROI where if you worked the match, they would provide the class and match fees.

Maybe I was unclear in my previous post. I've been begging for a class for over 6 months for 5-6 people that shoot at least one match a week. As far as I know, there has been absolutely ZERO interest and minimal communication on NROI's end for even setting up a course.

It's kind of a hard sell telling someone to travel across the country, take time off, pay for a hotel and pay for a class only for the chance to volunteer for a match. I'd rather just keep volunteering at my local matches, Ray.

Maybe I was unclear in my previous post. I've been begging for a class for over 6 months for 5-6 people that shoot at least one match a week. As far as I know, there has been absolutely ZERO interest and minimal communication on NROI's end for even setting up a course.

It's kind of a hard sell telling someone to travel across the country, take time off, pay for a hotel and pay for a class only for the chance to volunteer for a match. I'd rather just keep volunteering at my local matches, Ray.

I did not read Ray's comment as being pointed at a specific individual, if I am wrong he may clarify if desired.

I think there are very valid points on both sides (everyone should want to help,we really need more people who can help -- I would if it was not so costly). I passed on a class in February that would have ended up costing $400 or so (gas,food,lodging,course fee, etc) + 8 hours on the road + the class time, so I can understand that perspective.

What I'd really like to see is the teaching method changed to take advantage of technology. Most of the work self paced on computer and a one day only field class that could be lead by a larger group of trained personnel. That is a can of worms most likely as it involves significant change, but I took my first computer based learning course in the early 80's (an electrical engineering course at a major university so it wasn't dead simple stuff) and have spent countless painful hours taking various safety based training / testing / refresher courses over the years, it works.

Hate to hijack but we all need to write DNROI and tell him we need to implement a program where certain "CROI's "can teach basic RO courses locally. It can easily be done and would basically cost nothing.

Hate to hijack but we all need to write DNROI and tell him we need to implement a program where certain "CROI's "can teach basic RO courses locally. It can easily be done and would basically cost nothing.

Not hijacking as far as I'm concerned. Makes sense to me.

Valid points that hopefully generate renewed consideration with the goal to improve the process and generate membership's commitment.

Regardless of class size, Silver Creek is poised to hold this class the weekend of Aug. 27/28. Our Indiana section coordinator is proactively helping contact membership in our area. Currently 13 USPSA members have committed to this class. Optimum class size is 20+ to help Silver Creek offset the expense. The class fee of $60 will remain unchanged. Prior to hammer down at your next match, please make a prematch announcement to all competitors informing them of this class. Questions regarding hotel, restaurants, our location and any concerns please post. Silver Creek Conservation Club is located 15 minutes north of Louisville, Ky. We are close to dozens of restaurants and a half dozen hotels. Downtown Louisville is 20 minutes away. Shopping, AAA baseball, museums, restaurants, water front park and dozens of other activities are very close.

Valid points that hopefully generate renewed consideration with the goal to improve the process and generate membership's commitment.

Regardless of class size, Silver Creek is poised to hold this class the weekend of Aug. 27/28. Our Indiana section coordinator is proactively helping contact membership in our area. Currently 13 USPSA members have committed to this class. Optimum class size is 20+ to help Silver Creek offset the expense. The class fee of $60 will remain unchanged. Prior to hammer down at your next match, please make a prematch announcement to all competitors informing them of this class. Questions regarding hotel, restaurants, our location and any concerns please post. Silver Creek Conservation Club is located 15 minutes north of Louisville, Ky. We are close to dozens of restaurants and a half dozen hotels. Downtown Louisville is 20 minutes away. Shopping, AAA baseball, museums, restaurants, water front park and dozens of other activities are very close.

Thanks for the update. I am one of the 13 and I was getting nervous about the class and wondering about the need to try another of the nearby ones. I guess we are lucky that at least 4 organizations nearby are hosting classes, but it does pressure good attendance.

Thanks guys and how about a few others commit to the class please.

• 2 weeks later...