Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spare Parts for Matches

anbrumm

What Gun ????

My apologies. It is a glock 34. I do typically take my 19 as a backup, but would hate to have to swtich to it if a spring gets damaged and I can replace it real quick.

You can replace every user servicable part in a glock for under $50. Just get one of everything.

Every part in a Glock is user serviceable. I would love to know where I can get one of everything for under $50???

The only spring I've every broken is the magazine spring - which I didn't have but I have one now. The only thing I've ever needed to do at a match was tighten my front sight. So that means having a front sight tool and some loc-tite. The box I take to the match is the same I take to the range so I have an extra striker spring, firing pin safety spring, trigger spring, trigger bar, etc.

Having many spring cups are good because if you ever drop one, you'll likely never find it again.

Stock trigger group, recoil spring, slide release, extractor, sights, and more mags than I could possibly need on a single stage. Plus, I have a whole backup gun just in case I need extra parts or something happens that I can't fix on the range.

A

You can replace every user servicable part in a glock for under $50. Just get one of everything.

Every part in a Glock is user serviceable. I would love to know where I can get one of everything for under $50???
Ill send you two of everything minus the barrel, and firing pin for $50. Pm me your info....

Glocks are so cheap I would just have two EXACT duplicates. Just run to the safety area and swap them out and you're back in business. At bigger matches you have to get approval from the RM but that's a no brainer with two identical guns

I carry my G17 as a back up for my 34. I haven't needed it yet, but another competitor needed it, so he borrowed it for the match cuz his 17 went down.

I leave the replacement parts at home.

Glocks are so cheap I would just have two EXACT duplicates. Just run to the safety area and swap them out and you're back in business. At bigger matches you have to get approval from the RM but that's a no brainer with two identical guns

You don't pay for Glocks, you win them.

GSSF

There was a point where even Glocks weren't cheap for me and I'm sure thats the same for a lot of shooters. Get a set of replacement springs and firing spring cups. Then make sure you have a factory replacement for any aftermarket parts you replaced. I would say almost every failure I have seen in a Glock is a result of an aftermarket part or hand loaded ammo that didn't work properly with the aftermarket parts for one reason or another. Usually someone trying to tweak the trigger pull and getting light strikes.

Ill send you two of everything minus the barrel, and firing pin for $50. Pm me your info....

I'd take this deal. Have more than one? I just spent $80 or so including shipping for about 2/3rds of the internal parts after an abysmal match where my G22 decided to FTE over the weekend. I'd consider this deal if you itemize what you're including and whether it's new, OEM, etc. Seriously. PM me.

Spare gun. Leave the parts at home.

This. I should have with my G22 but I was traveling and didn't want to tote the G21 along (it's my backup for major) - I should have. I don't know about exact duplicates, but for Single Stack, I carry a backup 1911 (of lower quality, but I don't depend on it for every match).