Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Barrel with no hole...

Deaf Smith

I picked up a solid aluminum barrel for my Glock 17 IDPA gun. Yes, solid. In fact, red color. Mason, I think, the one that makes chamber reamers is the manufacturer.

Last night I installed it. Added a blue non-functioning weighted magazine and some others will LIVE AMMO.

Why you ask?

So that in the garage, I can practice as many self defense shooting techniques without ANY FEAR OF AN AD/ND! This also allows IDPA techniques to be practiced till the cows come home.

This includes drawing, pivots, speed reloads, 'tactical reloads', etc... Even used 'Bob', the karate dummy, as a aiming point. No, I still will not point the gun at any living thing. That is not my way of training with weapons (except when I punch and kick people in class, then.. well....)

Practiced till my arms were sore. Now do this, maybe twice a week, for months while it is cold (and still shoot and go to monthly matches) and guess how much improvement that will make. I will see. Match this weekend.

So, if you wish to practice allot of techniques with full safety, I think this will help allot.

Oh, the company is looking into putting a laser in the barrel and the firing pin sets the laser off for a second or 2. Not expensive as the laser does not have to take alot of shock as it would in a firing gun.

The barrels are at http://www.mansonreamers.com

Deaf

Also check into Airsofts-- I have a Gas-operated Glock 18 that's darn near identical to a real one except for the bright orange barrel and that it shoots plastic BB's.  You can even lock the magazine so the slide'll cycle, but nothing comes out.