Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Dollar Classes

MANDOWN75

T-Square,

I used to get squadded with Pat and Dale about half the time until I took my clay shooting hiatus this summer.  (I just pulled out the blaster last week to get prepped up to head back out.)  Those two are the greatest.  Dale has done nothing short of bend over backwards to help me out.  He would see me out floudering away in a bay and would come by and straighten me out on the fundamentals.  He even panhandled the cops at the range for free 40 brass for me.  I've got a couple bones to pick with Pat though... He once proposed a minimum barrel length requirement to keep me from whoopin' everyone's ass with my G19.  :)  

It's tough to say too many nice things about those two guys.  They (and a couple of others) really make the club fun and run.

E

TravisT,

There are so many Oregon cats around because the weather sucks and it is too dark to practice outside, although I like watching the flames in my open blaster in the dark, but the local forest service guys frown on my practicing after dark.

Why don't you float down to Tri-County or Dundee and put on a clinic 4 us, if you could make it to Bend that would be even better, but it is a tad cold out these days here, maybe come spring :)

Anyone who can win the Area 1 shooting L10, being the complete hoser match it was, is someone I'd love to take a class from.

Actually, there are some legitimate Pacific Northwest instructional opportunities I'd be wise to pursue before dashing off to parts unknown unless necessary. Thanks for all the tips.

I've actually been able to "panhandle" solid tips from fellow shooters whom I know happen to be a bit better at it than I am. It's amazing how eager many of them are to share both blasters and brain-matter. Love it.

I'll be returning to the range this weekend and we'll see how much strength I need to ramp up to get back to normal.  Yeh, the weather "up here" is dank and wet about now (and other times of year as well) and thank god for indoor ranges. :)

E-Thanks for sharing those kind comments regarding Pat and Dale. I wish that every club had a pair like them; the sport would be so much better!

Loves2- I think you hit the nail on the head about the weather….I can’t even chrono up here in WA! Thank you for asking about a clinic - I think it may be time to do another one in OR.

-------------------------------

I guess to avoid thread drift I should give my two cents or something, but uh, I don't have any change to spare.

TT ~ Cool, if you put one on please let us Bendites know, we tend to be the last to hear about what is going on, we have a couple guys here I know who would love to get some tips.

Just a thought we are having Area 1, Area 1 3-gun (pending), and Racegun Nats here this year, if you could put on a class before or after those, hmmm... If you want to chat about it sometime scott@srlc.net

(Edited by Loves2Shoot at 9:51 am on Dec. 12, 2002)

Over 20 years ago, I paid $125 to take an "advanced" class from Jeff, and as much more to be part of a major change in this sport.  I didn't learn a thing from Jeff, but I learned a lot from the other top hands who also went there. I also discovered that I was already very good, by most standards, but the skill levels exploded upward not long after that. What was an excellent performance then, is hohum today.  For instance, back then, 2.5 seconds, to draw and hit the A zone twice, at 25 yds, was tough. Today, if you can't get at least  4 such hits in that time, you are nobody at all.

(Edited by Million Mom at 7:35 pm on Dec. 15, 2002)

This kinda belongs in 'what I noticed', but it's instructional vis-a-vis "advanced classes"

So there I am in an "Advanced Class with a Big-Name Shooter" and we're shooting frickin standards at 25 & 50 yards... This irritated me (I paid good money for this?/I can do this at home/Where's the turbo-speed top-sekrets??)..., until it suddenly struck me that, da*n it, my standards sucked.

Shortly after that is when I really understood the old "there are no advanced techniques.." quote