Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Needed - Benelli bolts sticks back

sbaker5

I have a Benelli M2 and the bolt will stick back. When this happens the lifter is frequently in the lifted position and all I have to do is grab or nudge the bolt handle. I was reading the description of a shotgun for sale and it stated the fix for this problem was performed but I don't know what that fix is. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have attached a couple pictures. post-53917-0-79770200-1467433166_thumb.jpost-53917-0-97156400-1467433291_thumb.j

The shotgun isn't very old, maybe a year. Whatever the problem there is a fix as several packages for shotguns mention it but I just can't find out it is. I will try the above suggestions.

post-14685-0-33770000-1467657809_thumb.jIt's dirty. So if you're cleaning-might as well clean and replace those springs as well. The lifter, bolt release,and shell catch release should be nice and smooth where they touch.

Edited by Jadeslade

Thanks Jade. I am pretty good about cleaning it but I will again very thoroughly. I have ordered all the springs to replace so maybe that will work. Thanks for the advice.

When i said dirty-I didn't mean that you didn't clean it. But every time time I have had this issue it gets corrected if I take out the trigger group-clean all that (taking the trigger group apart, too), take bolt apart and clean it, and taking recoil spring out and clean it. And then really cleaning those rail channels for the bolt. When I've gotten a gun from somebody else, the recoil spring is rusty, or the inertia spring in the gun is rusty. Gunpowder makes H2O and carbon, carbon is ok, it's that H2O that's a problem. Since you're going to all that work, might as well change the springs out. And just smooth those touching areas with 600 and 1500 sandpaper. DVC