Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrels

litman252

Hey all,

I'm running a league at my club, never had IPSC or IDPA at the club, I'm using plastic drums for barriers and am wondering if anyone cuts them?? I"m thinking 1/2 or maybe thirds. I'm wondering if it's possible to stack them end to end with an end cut off yet be able to stack inside each other for storage.

Thanks, any other ideas feel free to offer...........

Tony

Hey all,

I'm running a league at my club, never had IPSC or IDPA at the club, I'm using plastic drums for barriers and am wondering if anyone cuts them??  I"m thinking 1/2 or maybe thirds.  I'm wondering if it's possible to stack them end to end with an end cut off yet be able to stack inside each other for storage.

Thanks, any other ideas feel free to offer...........

Tony

We also use barrels as vision barries, and there is no way to minimize the storage space. They take up a lot of room, accept that. If you cut the barrels, they will quickly turn into egg shaped objects. We have several barrels with both ends cut out that we place on an elevated platform and use them as shooting ports. After about a year, they are so badly egg shaped that we toss them and get new ones.

LJETopton Action Practical Shooters