Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 NSSF World Rimfire Championship

Mark R

15 hours ago, photoracer said:

Well since I can't get the PDF entry form to open either from my smartphone or my PC I plan on going to Practiscore and adding an entry for me adding my middle initial for Limited. Any problem doing this Mark?

Not sure what you are trying to do...second entry? Initial entry? I'll contact Florene Franks and get a entry form in PDF and post it here. She is the one managing the registrations.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:53 PM, Mark R said:

Got an update on the prize table...

Remington, now located here in Huntsville, committed yesterday to donating 15-20 firearms to the World Match...870 shotguns, Model 700s, a few 22 rimfire guns, and not sure what else. That is in addition to the 12 we already purchased and not including the 1 offs and 2 offs from Tactical Solutions and other custom gun manufacturers.

So be ready for about 40-50 guns on the prize table. Way to go Remington!!!

Great job on the prize table!  I hate that I can't make this match!

Match Hotel #1:  23 miles west of the range for those coming in from North West of Huntsville, AL.

Microtel by Windham

1820 Chase Creek Row

Huntsville, Alabama, 35811

256-859-6655

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/microtel 

Free wi-fi, Free Breakfast, Pool, Elevators. Waffle House, Arby's, and McDonalds next door.

~23 miles/minutes west of Cavern Cove Shooting Range. In Huntsville, close to many restaurants. First traffic light west of the range.

Rates are: Normal rate for 1 bed rooms is $59.95. Normal rate for two double beds is $75.95

Use "World Rimfire" for a discounted two double bed room for 2 adults and 2 children is $62.50. Reservations under "World Rimfire" are good until Oct 7, then un-reserved rooms will be released. If you apply online and web site doesn't give you the rate, then call the hotel directly for $62.50 rate.

We are still looking at hotels in Scottsboror (northeast) and Guntersville (south)...stay tuned for updates.

15 hours ago, Sealetm said:

Mark R- I've been trying to also register for open, but not seeing that it's been charged to me. Is there usually a pretty good delay, say, better than 24 hrs? 

Give Florene Franks a call at 256-572-1171 or email is CCRimfire@gmail.com

She will be able to help you ensure you get registered correctly.

14 hours ago, Sealetm said:

Less stages? Ok, do we have a round count? Chasing Ammo is always an issue these shopping days.

16 stages. Right at 500 rds if you never miss. So I'm thinking 1,000 rds including shooting Fridays side matches.  

Dad and Tom E are correct....the electronic booklet version will not have the stages in it...NSSF instructed us to NOT allow the stage designs to be released before match day.

And minimum round count is 490...bring extra, unless you're real good!

Please ensure you have your pistol and rifle in gun bags...We could not get NSSF to allow us to use rifle racks on the bays, they want all guns bagged to and from the shooting line (table). We even requested to use unbagging/bagging tables on sides of bays and answer came back as bagged guns only to and from line.

Edited by Mark R

Here is a link to the copy of the match booklet without the stage descriptions...NSSF will not allow us to release the stages.

http://rocketcityshooters.com/img/2016NSSFWorldChampionshipsv14.pdf

Please be aware that all firearms will be required to be bagged except when shooting.

Also, as an FYI...if you look at the range map in the middle of the booklet, the restrooms located in the middle of the map just above the Side Match area have running water and real toilets. Porta-potties will be lined around the rest of the range areas.

12 hours ago, Dad said:

I may have missed it, will there be food/drink at the range?

Lunch will be provided in the pavilion. There will be water jugs placed strategically around the shooting areas. And we are trying to get a hotdog/hamburger vendor lined up for off-lunch hour snacks. I would bring small snacks like jerky, granola bars, etc.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:58 PM, Dad said:

I may have missed it, will there be food/drink at the range?

Figure on bringing drinks and munchies to supplement the provided lunch. 

Got word yesterday that Smith & Wesson is donating 3 more guns, Mossberg is sending several more guns, and Taurus is sending a gun and several items.

Looks like the prize table is shaping up nicely.

The staff shot the match yesterday and the stages are challenging...multiple ways to shoot them. We ran in 6-8 man squads, started at 8am and completed around 4 pm. Looks like we'll be able to get shooters thru 10-12 stages on Saturday and remaining stages on Sunday allowing time for scoring verification and awards/prize table. Last count we have 49 guns. If nothing changes between now and next weekend, 2 guns will go to staff drawing and 1 will go to side match competitors. Weather is expected to be 80ish.

Expect a 7am or earlier sign-in, 7:30 safety brief, and shooting immediately after the brief. For those coming in Friday, the registration/sign-in will be open. Five stage side match also on Friday the 14th.