Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 NSSF World Rimfire Championship

Mark R

What about the rule about changing mags during the course of fire?

In previous years I recall that if a Competitor has a jamb and drops the mag during the course of fire he/she must retrieve the mag they started with and continue and cannot use a new mag.

I understand keeping the round count to 11 (1+10) but find this ruling to be unsafe.

I agree with you on that one Paul. It would be much safer to pick up a magazine from the table and reload than to pick one up from where it fell. Who cares as long as no more than 11 rounds are fired.

Reloads will not be allowed. In the event of a jam and you drop the magazine, let's just hope you don't drop it off the table. If you have to drop the mag, that string is toast anyhow.

As for the finger outside the trigger guard...when a competitor has his/her finger inside the trigger guard, it's hard for the RO to see if they are actually touching the trigger or not. We asked for a ruling and NSSF returned fingers out.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are the NSSF approved stages...NSSF asked us to change up the stop plate location on some stages for variety. The stage designer originally made them symmetrical to create stages equal for left and right handed shooters. These stages will be fixed, but the stop plate maybe in another location for the match.

Edited to add: Poppers do not need to fall...they will be set not to fall.

(Edited by request to remove .PDF attachement.) Mod Team

14 hours ago, ede said:

My turn for a stupid question,whats the difference between a Division and a Catagory?

Like dgreen said...

Divisions: Limited and Open

Categories: Lady, PreTeen, Junior, Senior, Cowboy, Mechanical

9 hours ago, ede said:

Wells that's clear now, not really but I'll be happy not knowing, or understanding. 

Divisions will have awards for top three (I believe) in each division and the top person in each category will be awarded. The range may award the top three in each category if it so elects to as long as there are at least 3 competitors in the category. Categories for awards are:

Cowboy/Cowgirl (one category, regardless of age or sex)
Top Lady (female participants of any age)
Top Youth (both male & female 12 & under)
Top Junior (both male & female 13-17)
Top Senior (both male & female 62 & older)

Rule book doesn't acknowledge Mechanical, but we are working that.

Awards will be plaques, prize table will be random draws, one for table prizes and one for any firearms available for giveaway.All competitor names (tickets) will go into each draw.

Hope this clears it up for ya ede! Best I can do at the time.

So I pissed away my entry fee for Mechanical fo no award and no placement in the standings only my  open entry will count? I think I might switch it to Limited even if I have zero chance of an award.

37 minutes ago, ede said:

So I pissed away my entry fee for Mechanical fo no award and no placement in the standings only my  open entry will count? I think I might switch it to Limited even if I have zero chance of an award.

Switch to Limited and you can still shoot mechanical...we are pressing for mechanical category with top score and maybe even 1st thru 3rd. I'll update as soon as I know.

51 minutes ago, ede said:

You can see here: https://practiscore.com/results/d470eb8c-fefc-4f6d-93fc-287716879617/index how Cavern Cove broke down the Alabama State NSSF results.  

I think I have a handle on how the State match has been run, I should have known better thinking the World shoot would be the same. Except for KY no other match has had Mechanical that I've shot. Would love to see Mechanical and Cowboy become ligitmate divisions.

12 minutes ago, ede said:

I think I have a handle on how the State match has been run, I should have known better thinking the World shoot would be the same. Except for KY no other match has had Mechanical that I've shot. Would love to see Mechanical and Cowboy become ligitmate divisions.

yea...us too...we have a bit of cowboy and mechanical shooters during our monthly matches.

13 minutes ago, dgreen said:

It doesn't appear that NSSF thinks you guys have run a match before. Changing rules, limiting catagorys and moving stop plates, good luck.

yea...we're new to it and just learning. :) We only hosted the past 6 years of the Alabama State Rimfire Challenge...started back when it was Ruger Rimfire Challenge. But we'll get there. 

I have only heard good things about your range. I know several people who have shot matches there. I just wish you had total control of the Worlds. Still on the fence about coming with all of the "stuff" going on.

I shot the AL State match and it was very well run. And I have shot every world match as far back as the Ruger Rimfire in New Mexico in 2011. So I have a little experience in this. Not to mention 2-3 Regional/State matches per year also.

Thanks for the praise guys, but it was by far not all my effort, I'm just the messenger...We have a really good crew. Please introduce yourself with your Enos name when you get here so I can put face to name. I hope we can pull it off to meet your satisfaction.

Think I've shot the last 5 Alabama State matches, Mechanical since it's been offered. Stage sponser last 2 years. This is my favorate match and expedt the Worrld Shoot to be even better.

Edited by ede