Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone looking for aggressive G10 grips for Stock 2 / Stock 3?

JHicks8h

I seen a few posts on some of the CZ threads where people are looking for possibly a set of aggressive G10 grips for the Tanfoglio's. If this was to happen who would want it to be similar to the the factory profile? Would building some arch into it be worthwhile? What about making a run of a few different profiles? This obviously would take some time to do, but if there is enough folks out there interested it might be worth a shot.

I am very interested in having G10 grips on my Tanfos. I have bought pretty much all grips on the market, EGD, Henning, SSI scale etc. In the end I molded my own by applying putty on EGD to create some palm swell on the left panel for my support hand. The right side panel of the EGD is just right.

If you could produce EGD thinness on the right side panel, and on the left side just add some palm swell to EGD, it would be perfect with the G10 aggressiveness. For lefties, you would need to make left panel a bit palm swell, and keep the right panel as thin as EGD.

If you like, I can send you plastic replicas of the ones I created based on EGD.

Edited by JusticeOfToren

I am very interested in having G10 grips on my Tanfos. I have bought pretty much all grips on the market, EGD, Henning, SSI scale etc. In the end I molded my own by applying putty on EGD to create some palm swell on the left panel for my support hand. The right side panel of the EGD is just right.

If you could produce EGD thinness on the right side panel, and on the left side just add some palm swell to EGD, it would be perfect with the G10 aggressiveness. For lefties, you would need to make left panel a bit palm swell, and keep the right panel as thin as EGD.

If you like, I can send you plastic replicas of the ones I created based on EGD.

I will forward this to the manufacture I worked with on the CZ grips. It seems he already has been working on some profiles so getting the information to him now will be the time to do it.

Profile wise, I think the consensus is that the panels should be as thin as the Extreme grips where they touch the frame (the forward and the top edges). Then a gradual palm swell is preferred as you go from the forward/top edges to the back/bottom edges of the grip. The gradual palm swell is what the Extreme grips lack, while the Henning has about the same thickness across, similar to the factory wood ones though less thick.

IMO The SSI scale has a great profile that you guys can take a look. I just don't like their surface that much.

Profile wise, I think the consensus is that the panels should be as thin as the Extreme grips where they touch the frame (the forward and the top edges). Then a gradual palm swell is preferred as you go from the forward/top edges to the back/bottom edges of the grip. The gradual palm swell is what the Extreme grips lack, while the Henning has about the same thickness across, similar to the factory wood ones though less thick.

IMO The SSI scale has a great profile that you guys can take a look. I just don't like their surface that much.

Great feedback. I am sending all these directly to them. He is working on his molds. I think before it is all said and done he will end up with a few sets. I spoke with him earlier and sounds like is def. going for a palm swell version. He is thinking around 2 months if all goes smoothly.

I would be interested as well. For me the factory wood grips are just the right profile but lack texture. I currently use a SSI scale on my strong side grip panel and a EGD on my weak side grip panel. The EGD has a more aggressive profile which I prefer for my weak side over the scale which has a better profile but is not as aggressive.

I'm definitely interested, especially if they have some sort of palm swell profile. I would like to see it have a STI grip size/feel. Thanks

This. I have a set of the Palm Swell ones with the full magazine release cut out and it is my favorite grip for my SP01. Would love some sets of similar grips for my Stock 2s.

May be very helpful to create a few different profiles, e.g. EGD profile, factory wood profile, palm swell profile, SSI scale like profile, etc. to make everyone happy.

Also, as someone said, a lot of people including myself like having mixed profiles on the left and right panels. If prototyping multiple profiles in metal is cost prohibitive, maybe creating plastic ones first and send some out for feedback, then manufacture the ones most liked by shooters?

Interested in a palm swell grip as well.

Currently running stock wood grip with grip tape on the right (strong side) and Scales on the left side (easier to access the mag release).

I have XXL hands and even with the wood grips and grip tape, there is precious little room for the support hand to actually touch the gun.

Edited by IronArcher

I exchanged messages with Jayson this morning. Looks like he is going to make a run at the EAA stuff with multiple profiles as well. I will keep everyone posted as he gets them going. Thanks to everyone for the comments. From the comments looks like a EG like profile, a stock wood style profile, and the palm swell similar to the ones he did on the SP01.

I'm interested, as the scale grips have an OK profile but I don't like the texture at all. A mag release cutout on all profiles of grips would be a good idea, but not necessary if the grips taper like the scales.

I'm weird in that I want a factory profile on the left and scales on the right. This way I get shorter trigger reach (except for WHO) and enough surface to grip with my support hand. So if these are made in different profiles I would want them to be asymmetrical.

I'm definitely interested too!!!

What I and most of the shooters I talk to want most, are grips with the same profile as the first generation factory wood grips, but with the more aggressive texture. (I think the second generation grip flattened out a little bit, but it's still not a bad profile) Also, the mag release cutout would be very nice to have. When these are offered up, I'm pretty sure they will sell like hot cakes!