Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Striker Sticking out

ogiebb

Its been awhile since I played with an M&P and setting up a CORE for Carry Optics.. when I cleaned it yesterday ive noticed that the striker now is sticking out and wont allow the round to chamber.

tried looking online and the forums but could not find a thread regarding this.. Thanks for any Help or Info :)

post-3071-0-76061800-1466439171_thumb.pn

Have you changed anything in the slide or trigger group? The striker should catch on the sear when the slide is racked / cocked position and the FPB should not let it forward.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but off topic - does this mean we will see carry optics at 59?

HI Scott.. I did change to new springs ill check that out Thanks

as far as I know there is Carry Optics already in 59. I have no affiliation with the range or match I just shoot there too :)

August Balagtas

Edited by ogiebb

If you pull the slide off and push the striker block / firing pin safety plunger / etc in, it should let you shift the striker forward/backward past the plunger without any friction. Does it?

It's likely you assembled the striker assembly incorrectly if you just installed a fresh spring. Were any other changes made?

Did you forget to reassemble with the smaller coil spring? (striker return spring). Take slide off, look at striker foot (pull back until firing pin block catches striker if needed). You should see a coil or two of the return spring.