Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bought a used SV...question about mags and ammo.

CrashDodson

I recently picked up a used SV sight tracker in .40. The previous owner said it had about 9k rounds through it....so like womens age, I usually double that.

The guns tight and in great condition. I have a 2011 mutt that has an SV grip and STI frame/slide. This gun runs my MBX mags like a champ.

I ran 3 mags through the SV in the limited time I had at the range on friday. I had two problems. One was with one of the MBX mags it would drop out of the pistol after 3-4 rounds fired...This same mag runs fine in my other pistol. 2 other MBX mags ran fine.

Second problem I had was one round failed to go all the way into battery and stuck in the chamber.....these were gauged rounds on my hundo. I had to get a bit physical with it to get the round unstuck. The base of the bullet had most of the coating stripped off. I run a 1.21 OAL on my other 2011. This SV has the hybrid AET barrel. Are these barrels ok running .401 coated bullets? Looks like its going to want a shorter round but want to make sure I should be ok running coated with this barrel before trying to modify my load.

subscribed because I have two with AET barrels that I am about to work up loads for... Read numerous threads yesterday that seem to suggest that lighter FMJ bullets are the way to go... but I'm also sitting on 1k bayous 180's that I'd like to use up.