Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new to 2011's

bigdaddyZ

just got my 650 up and running...loaded a few test rounds to see how they chrono...my question is...i bought some 140mm mags off here tha have New grams guts followers and 11 coil springs Dawson +1 red easy off base pads...I only took 1 mag to chrono my rounds (should of took them all I know) and the slide would lock back with 1 round still in the mag...is this normal with STI mags?

bigd, if you look at a follower than is designed not to lock the slide back, you will see what mods are required. MBX has such a follower. It will not lock the slide back even with a brand new, unmodified slide stop. My Taran followers lock back the slide with a round in the mag (unmodified SS). It is 100% consistent. If you pare down the triangular protrusion at the front of the mag you can get it to lock back on empty. If you remove enough of it, or all of it, it will not lock back at all. The only Gram followers I had were already modified, so I can't help you there, but the process should be the same.

Be careful going to slide lock and reloading it is very easy on a 2011 with 140's to over insert and lock the magazine in the gun or break the nose off your ejector. I let a friend borrow my wifes 9mm and he actually locked the slide back when it ran dry and over inserted a mag and I got to buy a new ejector.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...