Mark 7 software update

Have not installed it yet.

JamSense® Sensitivity substantially increased

Integration of the new SWAGESense® electronic sensor

More control over the Index speed

Process by which machine recovers from a jam improved

Improvements in overall operation, particularly at higher speeds

Miscellaneous bug fixes

Installed it last night. Only thing that is obvious so far to me is that the index speed adjustment is now much slower. Whereas before 1 or 2 was only slightly slower than 0, now the index speed at 1 is very obviously slower, and at max setting of 9, the index speed is....it's actually comically slow at 9! Trying to figure out when an index setting of 9 would be necessary. Maybe when I load my 230 gr 300 Blackout, I'll appreciate that slow spin more than with 9mm right now. I will say that while I don't load at 2400 rpm, this update makes that more feasible than before, because even at a higher index setting before, at 2400 rpm the shell plate jerked on indexing. Now, at 2400 rpm, with an index at the upper end, there would be no spillage or topple. Still, it's a bit disconcerting, at 2400 rpm with very slow indexing, to see the machine move so fast -then slow - then fast. I wonder if that's good for all the linkages, those abrupt speed changes...

Just testing things with a stopwatch (not loading), with a 0 on the index, 0 on top dwell, and 0 on bottom dwell, I timed the output when set at 2400 rpm to be, actually 2640 rpm, not 2400 rpm.

Overall very very cool.

I will add that my tablet - maybe just mine but possibly others - has a tiny design flaw such that when I inserted the microSD card to do the update, with my older eyes, the card missed the slot and slid behind the slot into the inside case of the tablet. I had to unscrew the tablet (two tiny screws), retrieve the card that was rattling around inside the case, and carefully reassemble the tablet. Ended up okay, but be careful when you insert that microSD card to make sure you stay in the actually slot with it....

C

when running the super 1050 full automated how often does it jam. i have a primer issue or a mister bullet feeder issue every 100 or so rounds.

when i am manually doing it

Something isn't right, I loaded almost 5K without a single primer issue last month.

Just started using my MBF, and in 3K I only had a couple of issues.

~g

That's a problem, not normal for sure.

Can't say for sure, but I recall my 1050 was temperamental for the first 3-4K rounds. Primer slide jams, etc. then it settled down. Not every 100, but maybe every 4-500....I've heard a few others echo that experience. Might just need breaking in..... Not a satisfying answer I know, and Dillon was polite but didn't agree with that interpretation. I first bought a Ponses Warren drive soon after the 1050. It jammed repeatedly at first and this was early after buying the 1050 . Years later I tried it again and it worked much better - again I think because the 1050 was broken in..., but still not near as slick as this Mark VII.

I would suggest - if this 1050 is new and especially your first - to run it by hand for at least 5k round so you break it in and learn its idiosyncrasies. I'm not a gadget guy by nature and I'm glad I took it slow with automation.

The MBF needs tuning also, I think. Carefully identify what and where each jam is. Then contact Rick K (inventor) and I'm sure he can help sort it out.

yes something is off

i took it apart clean and lubed it. i will see how it goes . seems like i get more then my share of primer slide jams

Have you looked at or changed out the plastic end of the Primer Magazine tube? Also check the Slide Roll Pin sleeve - if it's the rubber type and worn that can cause problems.

Edited by pmd

Primer tube plastic tip is a good start, also check to ensure your swage rod adjusted correctly and or not worn out. I had a similar issue, bad primer every 100 or so rounds... turned out my swage rod was worn, once replaced it was like a different press. Took me a bit to finally identify the problem, you can buy a swage gauge to check and ensure its swaging properly.

~g

yes something is off

i took it apart clean and lubed it. i will see how it goes . seems like i get more then my share of primer slide jams

How many rounds through your press, or how old is it?

C

You need to make sure the primer slide can move in and out very easily, with no effort. Take it out, clean and lubricate.

That rubber piece can indeed cause a problem, so I made a Delrin one. Someone is selling them, but for totally ridiculous price, however, if you don't have access to a lathe, you might still buy it. I made one so there is interference fit with the pin, so it would not slide off.

The rubber piece can slide off and it will then put the braking force on the motion. Same will happen if you replace it, but cut it too long.

At my place of work we have 2, an X and a Pro. Updating the Pro went easy,and I really like that it is infact possible to get a good index speed now. Up to this point we ran an index speed of 9, and still got a fair share of bullet topple. Now we run it at 3 and barely get a single one! FYI at the 2400 setting with index 3, the machine produces 1960 an hour. To further decrease the case wobble I think you need FFB shell plates. We run processed brass so have not felt any difference with the jam sensitivity. It is set at 0 as it always is and picks up stuff as it always has!

The X on the other hand has been a bit more troublesome. According to the system itself, it has the correct firmware and software installed but nothing has changed with the index speed, which I don't really understand.

been traveling a bunch for work, got the update a couple weeks ago, but havent updated it yet.

They asked us about improvements we would like to see in the new firmware, looking forward to seeing how it works.

• 2 years later...

I realize this is about 2 years go but I have a mark 7 x and I have been trying to install the updates with no success, mark 7 support is closed on the weekends anyone help me out here the instructions are confusing. 

I think I've done it right but when I hit reloader it does not allow me to pass the warning screen and is just showing a warning and firmware 0.02.08 at the bottom of the screen.  I've been trying to get my mark 7 going since Thursday :(

Edited by msg.drew

The update instructions are confusing.  I had your exact same problem. 

What I did to fix it was boot without the SD card in.  Then once the main menu showed up I inserted the SD card and pressed the firmware update first.  As soon as it rebooted I pressed the software update.  Then voila when I went to the Reloader option the usual Accept/Deny buttons were there again.

2 hours ago, msg.drew said:

When I try to update the firmware it says can not communicate with mcu. 

What did you do with the cables etc? 

Sounds like your firmware is up to date.  Try booting to the main screen and just selecting Software Update.  Are you doing it off wifi or updating from a SD card?  I did mine from the SD card.

Attached is a picture of how my cables are plugged in.  Perhaps also unplug and plug all the cables back in if you haven't done so already to ensure you're getting a good connection.  For some reason it sounds like your tablet isn't able to see the main computer.  Also check to ensure your micro-USB cable is set up like mine if you have the 2 cable setup (i.e. the shorter one plugged into the tablet).

On the 2 pictures of the warning screen, the first one shows up when I just power up the tablet.  The second one appears with the Accept/Deny buttons 5 seconds or so after I power up the autodrive.  If you're not getting that 2nd screen, that makes me think your tablet isn't seeing the autodrive.

Mark7-1.jpg

Mark7-2.jpg

Mark7-3.jpg

Mmm interesting mine looks like the top screen without the buttons. The reason I thought it was not installed is beside firmware it says"...." how did you get from the top screen to the bottom? 

So during the update you didn't unplug the motor and plug tablet into that etc? 

if you remember was your update 3 files, mark7launcher, software update, __mark7_mot.hex? because apparently there is a 2 step update as well for a different tablet your tablet looks the same as mine. 

I have my cables plugged in same way I even pulled out the multi meter and checked what I could to make sure there was no cable breaks and swapped out the usb cables.  

Now I'm thinking the tablet its blocking the usb for some reason because when I got the machine earlier in the week I was getting an error can't connect to usb then i called mark 7 and they gave me update files. Do you have any files for the 1050 X maybe I could try them.